Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2021 - 30th July to 1st August

I was just looking at the Silverstone Classic website and I noticed that they have partnered up with Silverstone Golf Club campsite for this year rather than Woodlands where we have stayed previously.

I have checked the Woodlands website and they are open for the Classic (assuming it goes ahead).

If the event goes ahead and some of us decide to go then we need to be aware of this as we could easily end up on different campsites.

(Woodlands is £49 per person, Golf Club is £50 per person however it is a minimum of two people per ticket so for me, if I travel on my own as usual, I would end up having to pay £100 unless I opted to book separately for Woodlands which would only cost me £49).

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Cheers Graham.

One thing I'd not picked up on before is that the car club package tickets aren't 2-for-1 this year, which is a bit disappointing.

Hopefully normal service resumes next year!

MR2 Lurker
    Good morning
    Is the club still going to Silverstone classic this year?
    if so do we have a club code so i can book a three day pass
    this will hopefully be my first outing in the MR2 as ive been most years with my Stag, Spitfire ,Tvr and Jag
    many thanks
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Cheers Graham.

One thing I'd not picked up on before is that the car club package tickets aren't 2-for-1 this year, which is a bit disappointing.

Hopefully normal service resumes next year!
    Wow. Well that's disappointing. I guess making up for last year

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Friell View Post
    Good morning
    Is the club still going to Silverstone classic this year?
    if so do we have a club code so i can book a three day pass
    this will hopefully be my first outing in the MR2 as ive been most years with my Stag, Spitfire ,Tvr and Jag
    many thanks
    Jim
    Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, after gauging people's opinions, we've decided not to attend the Classic this year as a club. That's not to say that you can't buy tickets directly with Silverstone, and I'm sure you'd be able to get your car infield all the same. Removing the 2-for-1 offer finalised our decision I think.

Please do post up some photos if you make it to the show!

There's still a chance I'd go individually, but I'd have to decide that closer to the time, and if I'll have had my jab/jabs by then.

Take care.

Cheers,
    Tom

PS: After 2 years away from the show, we'll be making 2022 a big push for the club's attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhatday View Post
    Wow. Well that's disappointing. I guess making up for last year
    Yep, I really hope they re-introduce it next year!

MR2 Lurker
    Thanks Tom
    I'm going with the Stag as it was the 50th anniversary last year so they are trying to break the world record to get the most Stags in one place on the Sunday (record help by the 911)
    cheers Jim

MR2 Newbie
    If anyone is interested Pistonheads are doing a display, I emailed them and they added the mk1 to the eligibility list last year before all this virus crap started.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=65&t=1921288

The Pistonheads site lists their code for two for one tickets.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, after gauging people's opinions, we've decided not to attend the Classic this year as a club. That's not to say that you can't buy tickets directly with Silverstone, and I'm sure you'd be able to get your car infield all the same. Removing the 2-for-1 offer finalised our decision I think.

Please do post up some photos if you make it to the show!

There's still a chance I'd go individually, but I'd have to decide that closer to the time, and if I'll have had my jab/jabs by then.

Take care.

Cheers,
    Tom

PS: After 2 years away from the show, we'll be making 2022 a big push for the club's attendance.
    I'm thinking of going individually closer to the time. Dad's bought a transit with a camper conversion, so I'll probably steal that. If I do, I'll do Thursday while Saturday I think.