Thread: Attempted hacking

Attempted hacking

Dear cartledge_uk,

Someone has tried to log into your account on MR2 Mk1 Club with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.234.14

All the best,
    MR2 Mk1 Club

^^ make sure your paswords are secure people

MR2 Obsessive
    A Russian IP address, very strange. What could they do if they got on apart from post in certain sections?

Hi there,

Let me know if you get another message about this and I'll ban that specific IP address.

Also, for anyone else that receives these messages, let me know also.

This is only the second case of attempted 'hacking' that I've been aware of in nearly 2 years though.

As Tommy says, make sure your passwords are secure and unique.

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Hi there,

Let me know if you get another message about this and I'll ban that specific IP address.

Also, for anyone else that receives these messages, let me know also.

This is only the second case of attempted 'hacking' that I've been aware of in nearly 2 years though.

As Tommy says, make sure your passwords are secure and unique.

Cheers,
    Tom
    I wasn't sure if it was a directed attempt or a complete attempt on all users. A lot of people may ignore emails they receive.

Coverco- with my account they will just have access to all my personal data on here and also be able to post. Mods/Admins accounts will obviously be abld to adjust posts etc

After another report of attempted account access from a member, I've made the decision to block all IP's from the below countries:

• Russia
    • Ukraine
    • Belarus
    • Bulgaria
    • Czech Republic
    • Romania
    • Latvia
    • Estonia
    • Kazakstan
    • Moldavia/Moldova
    • Poland
    • Serbia
    • Siberia
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • India
    • Bangladesh
    • Pakistan

I don't think Mk1 sales were particularly big in any of the above countries, so can't see that it'll affect the club, apart from protect the forum better and potentially mean less server load due to spam requests not reaching the database in the background!

Cheers,
    Tom