Thread: MR2 National Day - 4th June 2023

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCL View Post
    Hmmm. Mine is still in surgery at the mo, but if it's done/finished by then I'll certainly look at attending this if I can...could be the first outing for the beasty post engine rebuild, so a good way to get some bedding in miles done, though expect I'll be a nervous wreck in case it breaks down!

Cheers
    Mark
    Aww, you should definitely come! And don't worry about it being concourse/bits not re-fitted yet; mine'll be one of the rattiest there, hehe.

MR2 Newbie
    Well, I visited the car today - while definitely off the life support now it's not in a state to MOT as yet, still waiting on some brake parts and some other odds and ends, so this one is a no go. Still, definitely getting really close to the point of it being legal and useable again at least, so hopefully will get to enjoy the summer at least

Cheers
    Mark

Looks like 70+ Mk1's, how many of those are in the club? the last time we saw some of you was at the Silverstone aniversary bash, wil;l anyone be flying a club flag/banner?
    Andy and Jen

'86 Mica Blue T Bar
    Volvo XC60 AWD

Apologies if I have missed posts, but I will be at this years meet on 2nd June. Hope to see some of you there. [In the sun?]
    Andy and Jen

'86 Mica Blue T Bar
    Volvo XC60 AWD

MR2 Fan
    Great to hear you will be there, as it is the official anniversary 40th of the mk1should be a good turnout,
    Good weather in prospect, always enjoy the meet, will look out for your car in the show ring!!!!!!!!

MR2 Fan
    Received info this afternoon that the National day has been moved to Ricoa Arena CV66AQ
    Due to the water on the field, new venue hard standing. Hope to see everyone
    Check website for details

and as a heads up, I'm planning to push for a big 40th celebration of the MR2 being released in the UK next year, including trying to get 40 cars at Silverstone to match the 30+ cars we got for the 30th. We'll probably need to team up with some other clubs, but should be a great year/event.