Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE DUE TO BEREAVEMENT: STUNNING 1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 T-Bar, 87,000 miles,

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_smell View Post
    I Had a Uno turbo in the early 90's always felt like it was about to split in two when you put your foot down, blindingly fast but felt very very fragile
    Going through an 80s phase but looks like fun to me. Shame they aren't all made of aluminium or stainless. Think I'd go for the 5 GT Turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Domster View Post
    Going through an 80s phase but looks like fun to me. Shame they aren't all made of aluminium or stainless. Think I'd go for the 5 GT Turbo.
    good choice, not many around worth buying now. Most have been either crashed and badly repaired or tarted up rot boxes

you'll find 25 R5's for every Uno Turbo.. the Uno's are almost all gone : (

Here's another link for you Domster, over priced but some nice iconic cars:

http://www.4starclassics.com/VW-Golf-G60-For-Sale

Any details of your new one as well?

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    you'll find 25 R5's for every Uno Turbo.. the Uno's are almost all gone : (

Here's another link for you Domster, over priced but some nice iconic cars:

http://www.4starclassics.com/VW-Golf-G60-For-Sale

Any details of your new one as well?
    Loving the G60! I'll post some more pics of past pleasures. I've currently got a golf MK1 in much better condition than that G60. Not as desirable tho' obv. 23K miles I drive faster in reverse these days so don't need the extra power. Anyways if I want to die there is always the quad track. I nearly lost the 348 at 180mph and the seats were brown afterwards If any of you are ever passing North Wales call in for some cuts and bruises on the track ... no health and safety here

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_smell View Post
    good choice, not many around worth buying now. Most have been either crashed and badly repaired or tarted up rot boxes
    It's just another car from that teenage phase where you want them all and can't have any of them. By the time the Uno came out I had a chick instead

Do all T Bars give you a nice shower when it rains (roof on) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Domster View Post
    Do all T Bars give you a nice shower when it rains (roof on) ?
    Fraid so, I haven't had a non-leaking T bar yet. Tintops for me!

There are various guides how it can be remedied, new seals are also available.

Here's the new one. Pics of the outside when she has been washed, polished and waxed.

Is a DIN E stereo supposed to fit? The gap isn't wide enough (only just).

Me and Kekkers agreed it wasn't the one for him so I am keeping both for now. Think I've got MR2 OCD big time