Thread: Retiring

Hybrid View

MR2 Obsessive
    I am glad in live in Yorkshire, you Lancashire people are so dramatic

Seriously though Bill is a hard act to follow, we all love Tatton and the runs in the chilly North. Let's wait until June at Tatton and try to convince Bill to keep doing what he does best and that is gathering us all together to get drunk and talk about MK1s. Let's make Tatton the best attended show ever to show Mr Hulme how much he means to us

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    I am glad in live in Yorkshire, you Lancashire people are so dramatic

Seriously though Bill is a hard act to follow, we all love Tatton and the runs in the chilly North. Let's wait until June at Tatton and try to convince Bill to keep doing what he does best and that is gathering us all together to get drunk and talk about MK1s. Let's make Tatton the best attended show ever to show Mr Hulme how much he means to us
    +1

Meetings?

I like Douglas (The Silver Fox) and Tom Mundy's idea - 'a Yorkshire meet with a difference' - all hands to the pump to help him get his engine out. Is this something that other members would like to pursue? The opportunity to blitz some part of their maintenance or restoration work with extra hands/tools/experience? (There is always the danger that month after month, a big group would descend on Gary/mk1dal's garage and stand around drinking tea while watching him do his virtuoso work but that's not my intention at all!). There are many jobs that I just don't tackle on my car, or at least start with a large dose of trepidation (cries of 'You wuss!' 'Have at it, lad!' etc.) for a lack of moral support/backup/shoulder to cry on etc. Does anyone else suffer with this affliction?