Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Classic Motor Show, NEC, 13-15th nov

Re: The Classic Motor Show, NEC, 13-15th nov

Mike,

Due to being in and out of hospital over the past three months (nothing serious, just old age) I havent even started on my restoration, so reluctantly I will have to withdraw from showing at the NEC. It will take the pressure off so hopefully it will now be ready for next spring - the 25th anniversary of its registration.

Douglas

Douglas,

Thanks for letting us know and thanks for offering your support in the 1st place, it appreciated.

Hope all is well and hopefully the MK1 will be ready for 2010, possibly treat her to a nice trip to Le Mans

MR2 Enthusiast

Id loke to offer My Black Mk1b for the stand then. I was alrady going to be attending for the whole 3days anyway prepping everyone elses cars so why not.

MR2 Mk1 Club Committee Members

I have organised this show for the last seven years and application forms; H&S risk assessments and method statements all have to be filled in. The organisers have had an unusually large series of requests from car clubs to exhibit on the usual free stand space and have unfortunately have had to turn down about 20 car clubs. We have been allocated a stand 10m x 8m and we will be pushed to get 4 of our members' cars plus our usual desk and regalia in this space. We are adjacent to the classic Z club and both our stands have the Honda S800 sports car club behind us. The exhibition is open to the public on Friday Saturday and Sunday and there is a complicated issue of tickets covering the exhibiting cars; the stand erection; stand breakdown passes plus exhibitors passes. The stand will be available sometime Thursday morning for build up and all exhibiting cars will be left on the stand until the exhibition closes at 5.30pm on Sunday evening. I have drawn our stand up at 1:50 scale and have accurate cut outs of our car plans to the same scale and will present the various layouts possible. Bear in mind that we allow visitors to sit in the cars and need to provide adequate circulation space.
    I am sending an email to the two other clubs adjoining our stand to find out what they propose in the way of screens so we can then decide what will be needed on our stand.

MR2 Fan

If you get stuck and need a mk1 b mine would be available. It doesn't get used all that much that time of year and the classic car show is something I have been meaning to do for ages.
    Bearing a major catastrophe I can't see any reason why I would have to pull out, if the invite was made.
    The offers there if you want it.

MR2 Enthusiast

Stu if you know the dimensions to save you cutting out i have visio and can knock up scale plans VERY quickly

Stu,

Thanks for posting up the info

micheal/debs,

(hi, btw!!) are there tickets available for purchase through either of the clubs, that you know of (mk1 or imoc)?? me and chris would like to go, at least on one of the days and i wondered if it was worth purchasing through a club rather than from the website??

cheers,
    reema.

Reema,

I don't think the club gets any tickets for it, apart from exhibitors who get a pass to enter and show their car. Its quite pricey to be fair to get in, about £20 for the day so if we do manage to get any it will be great.

Stuart can you confirm what th situation is with tickets for club members.

Cheers

Stuart,

Can you update the members and committee where we are with this show as its only 6 weeks away. Can you confirm tickets, cars on show etc.

Thanks