Well with all this warm weather i thought it was time to unearth the MR2 which has sat in the lock up too long mainly due to other projects namely mk 1 celicas ( ta22) but thats another story.
The car is a october 1989 t bar in red supplied new by sidcup toyota and owned by the first owner for 4 years , then the second owner for 14 years , then i bought it 7 years ago.
It was part exchanged into the citroen dealer in croydon and subsequently sold to a back street car dealer in croydon who wanted a load of other cars but had to take the mr2 as they didn't want it and neither did the back street dealer who tried to fix the cooked alternator and gave up so it became a banger clearance.
Well whats it like , only 96K from new , 2 owners ,all original paint , no rot in the arches or the cills , with black leather and a tool kit that has never been used, in all a peach and all for a dollop of small change.
I have replaced the alternator , just got it mot'd and doing some final tidying before putting it on the road.
Be interested in meeting up with other local members , it will go to the Toyota enthusiast annual get together in august and then JAE , in all loads of fun and I have become a convert even though i normally run celicas.
Look forward to hearing from any one local - Malcolm cheltenham