Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Go Kart Event @ Speedkarting Warrington, 9th oct

PM him!

That's a poor show from IMOC

Who we waiting for, thought all MK1 Club guys had paid the deposit?

Is it all still on for the weekend after next?

Yep all still on

We are meeting at the track for 12.30pm Sunday 9th October (ready to race at 1300hrs - anyone arriving late will miss their races & probably lose their drive - the track will not wait & there are a couple of reserve drivers due to be in attendance)

We will be there for about 2 hours and we will also have the use of a room/bar (for an hour) private to us to let our adrenalin die down before driving to a place for food :th:

Dont forget your £20 payable on the day of event

See you all there, lets teach the tubby turbo drivers what real driving is all about ha ha!

Kris
    Last edited by Master-B; 3rd October 2011 at 01:59 PM.

Yep, all good to go!

MR2 Lurker
    Well... Firstly, Thanks to Kris (KGB603) for doing a great job transfering info and whatnot across to here (I dont own a mk1 and therfore dont use this forum all too often ).

If anyone has ANY questions about Sunday, dont hesitate to call or text (Kris has my number, which I allow him to give to anybody attending), or if you prefer, and he allows, go through Kris himself (due to the fact that you know him better).
    Also, Bill lives (quite literally) about 50 yards away from me if you cant (for any reason) get intouch with Kris.

Please remember your ID if you look young, they WILL NOT allow anybody they think is underage on the track.

Also, everybody who has paid their deposit of £25 will only need to pay £20 on Sunday... Any reserves will still pay £45 (2 reserves from mr2oc so far to be onsite) and the 1 person who has had to drop out (due to having his appendix out and being unable to drive from stafford) can hopefully get his deposit back...

ANY NO-SHOWS WILL NOT GET THEY'RE MONEY BACK and a reduced "last minute" fee of £25 to the onsite reserves will be charged IF we drop below the minimum of 20drivers due to the no-show.

Sorry for the above text but its needed in this day and age, lol.
    See you all on Sunday, 1230 at the track
    Martin

Hi All

I'm sad to say Bill will not be joining us as he was taken ill earlier this week. Im glad to say he is on the mend, but wont be able to drive for the forseeable. Im sure you will all join me in a chorus of "Get well soon Bill!"

So for this event, Bill has arranged for Gary (mk1dal) to take his place. Also a word of advice sat nav is useless at finding this place by post code - better to tell your nav you want to go to slutchers lane, its very well signposted from there :th:

Cheers

Kris
    Last edited by Master-B; 7th October 2011 at 06:14 PM.

hi kris , i just found out today that he was taken ill ,and i am very very relieved he is on the mend ( get well soon mate and take it easy ) . i will call in on bill sunday after the race and see how hes getting on and sort out his deposit for the event . its a shame bill cant go , trust me he would have shown us youngins how its done .

gary

Quote Originally Posted by mk1 dal View Post
    he would have shown us youngins how its done
    Tell me about it, he is very very fast *thinks back to wales run this year*

Just got back from the karting now. My arms ache and my right hand ribs are sore after an impact but what a fantastic time! Chris (KGB603) did the club proud and was the fastest MK1 driver there I think and came 5th overall IIRC. Well done mate!

And here's Chris doing a John McEnroe '..you can not be serious!!' after being black flagged!

Had a great time, thanks to Chris for organising us, but Bill was certainly missed. Hopefully you're on the mend Bill and we'll see you soon.

Cheers - James