Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Mk1 2011 rear strut brace

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Dan, i have been waiting for a new batch of laser cut parts arriving which will be coming on the 1/7/11 , so they will be listed as a fully available product on my website after this weekend, you can use my shop checkout system to buy one at this link from Monday.

http://www.woodsport.org/joomla/inde...woodsport-shop

There will be a 2 day production time and posted within 3 days of ordering, many thanks Paul.

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Paul, Looks pretty damn good to me, did you notice any increase in chassi rigidity (less flex)?

Nice looking bit of kit similar to one fitted on my mk1,but better looking

but why use a rose joint ? I wouldn't question that it's a quality product and looks right, and when things look right they usually are right in my experience, but when would you expect movement in the rose joint isn't the brace there to stop movement and make the whole thing as rigid as possible, not that the rose joint would make it any less stiff, just wondered at the thinking behind it as opposed to a solid welded bar or bolted.

Club Technical Advisor
    Simply it looks so much better, why not use a rose joint? The brace is there to help prevent the strut tops moving on the horizontal plane, no brace solid or jointed, will prevent any vertical movement, the nut and bolt on solid brace ends will just pivot no matter how tight it is with the weight of the car bearing down on it under cornering.

All braces work along their axis, so it doesn't matter how they are attached at the ends, in the case of a Mk1 engine bay brace it is helping prevent the strut towers moving closer together or further apart.

Hi Steve, yes i have noticed a difference with the brace fitted, the rear feels tighter to me.

yes your right it does look much more motor sport and less bolt on extra

Will this fit my 3vz fe conversion please Paul.

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Richard, no this is for the stock 4age only i'm afraid mate.

Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul. I know this is an old thread but are these still being produced by yourself/available for purchase??

Club Technical Advisor
    Yes i can still make one on request, i'm a little busy at the moment with JAE fast approaching though, it's my really hectic time of year, what timescale are we talking?