Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lakes run on sunday july 3rd

Hi all,
    Sorry for the late notice but I'm not going to be able to make this. I've found a flat for rent close to work in Sheffield and have managed to be the first to view it, but the only time available was Sunday lunchtime. I also hadn't realised that by moving home I am now 150 miles from the start point, and as much as I like a drive out the fuel for the day alone will cover most of my weekend at the Silverstone Classic in a few weeks!

I really wanted to come as I missed this run last year, but once I'm settled in Sheffield and not commuting 700 miles per week I'll be going to all the runs out.

The weather looks like it's going to be cracking, so have an excellent day all of you!

See those that are going to the Silverstone Classic in a few weeks!

Cheers,
    Tom

Good to see everybody today - I hope you all enjoyed the route - I drove most it for the first time last autumn and knew it would make a good day out!

And for those who had never seen Hadrians Wall before the whole fun of it is the looooooooooooooooong straight road!

Graham

MR2 Fan
    Great day out Graham, thanks loads for sorting out the route. Well worth the sun burn

What a great day this was! Thanks again for sorting out the route Graham - it was relentless!

Comedy moment of the day - Gary's hat. Its Cumbria's hat now!

Another toilet break for Bill

But it turned out it Bills car took a leak aswell!

Random cat

Big clean job tomorrow!
    Last edited by Master-B; 3rd July 2011 at 08:49 PM.

Yes, thanks Graham for a fantastic selection of route. I came away with the perception that EVERY non motorway road between Manchester and Carlisle is a blinder! Historic landmarks, panoramic views, lots of people to watch us go by, (lots of pretty villages to terrorise), long straights, sweeping bends, swift climbs and perilous descents, hairpins, even some marvellous overtaking opportunities (how DID you organise that?) - today's route had them all! A triumph.

hi . i take my hat off to Graham ( or would have done if i hadn't have lost it at high speed with the roof off ) . the route was outstanding , i can honestly say these are the best roads i have driven full stop , the speed and attention needed was exhilarating and i had a big grin on my face when driving them , total priceless . the lads and lady who turned up today are a great bunch and fun to be with . to all members thinking of going on these events, do it
    you wont be disappointed ,they are extremely well organized and top fun . well done graham you pulled a blinder off today mate and you can tell a lot of planing went in to this route and my brother and i enjoyed every minute of it

gary
    Last edited by mk1 dal; 3rd July 2011 at 10:50 PM.

Good day I thought! Wouldn't mind it again.

Here are a few pathetic shots taken by my camera. At least it's batteries didn't run out like someone else's.

A few more pics - a lot of glare & bugs on the screen, but they help capture the day nicely!

Last edited by Master-B; 5th July 2011 at 05:34 PM.