Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Technical Articles

Old Technical Articles

What has happened to the old Technical Articles? The link from the Mechanical forum seems to be broken.

Regards

Douglas

Hi Douglas,
    Due to the site move-over, none of the old documents are online anymore. I have a local backup copy of the files and we will gradually be moving them back online one-by-one as we update them.
    Is there any one you're specifically after? I can upload that one somewhere for you temporarily if need be.

Regards,
    Max
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

No Max, it was just a general enquiry. They were a good reference point before having to look elsewhere or asking questions on the forum.

Douglas

Okay, thanks for letting me know Douglas. We are indeed working on these things bit by bit. (The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed a couple of changes today as well. )

Fingers crossed they'll be back soon.
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

Is there a plan for moving this forward ? There was a lot of useful information in those articles.

Regards

Douglas

Hi Douglas,
    I need to check with Richard Brett and the company that managed the website migration, as I too think that the articles are an invaluable part of the site. I know some people will say that they need updating, but something is better than nothing!
    I'll make enquiries and report back.
    Cheers,
    Tom

I've got pdf copies of articles pages 1-99 if anyone needs a specific article or if they are of any use to the club. The only important one I'm missing is 101 Gearbox Rebuild the images for this one went awol a long time ago and I've never been able to track them down. I think the reason they went missing is because someone messed up and there are 2 page 101's I think the later page 101 (rear 3/4 panel) overwrote the earlier page 101 (Gearbox rebuild) a shame the gearbox one would have been useful.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Thanks for the info. I was after the engine removal guide but Paul has kindly sent a copy to me.

Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Hi Douglas,
    I need to check with Richard Brett and the company that managed the website migration, as I too think that the articles are an invaluable part of the site. I know some people will say that they need updating, but something is better than nothing!
    I'll make enquiries and report back.
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Any word on getting the articles back on the site it's just not the same without them.I think it is a big plus for attracting new members as well.
    This thread has been kicking about now for a while whats the score does anyone know if we are getting them back would be great if we could .

Cheers
    Colin
    Last edited by MR2MK1; 2nd April 2012 at 06:53 PM.
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."