Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Technical Articles

I've got a bit of free time on Friday/Saturday so will do them then. I'll update this thread once done.

Cheers,
    Tom

Tom thanks for that, when trying to attract new members i always use it as a plug lol
    Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Tom thanks for that, when trying to attract new members i always use it as a plug lol
    Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Obsessive
    Tom the link in my post does bring up the old technical articles, they really are very good. I have been using them for years, if you need any help let me know.

Yup, I'll just rip the html code and pictures from that link and host them on the current server.

Cheers,
    Tom

Right, I made a start on recovering the files from the waybackmachine archive link and have done the first chapter:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/repairs/repairsindex.html

It took me about 90 minutes to do this first chapter and it didn't have that many pictures in the articles. The thing that's taking the time is that each picture link and each link within the pages are modified to the waybackmachine links. Although find and replace works wonders it's still a long process. You also have to go into each article and save all of the pictures.

Due to this I've E-mailed Max asking for the backup that he took from the old website that he'd mentioned earlier in this thread, which I'll then be able to simply upload.

If the backup is no longer available then I'll work my way through the other chapters.

I'll keep this thread updated as usual.

Thanks again for your patience.

Cheers,
    Tom

Good one keep the good work up lol

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Right, I made a start on recovering the files from the waybackmachine archive link and have done the first chapter:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/repairs/repairsindex.html

It took me about 90 minutes to do this first chapter and it didn't have that many pictures in the articles. The thing that's taking the time is that each picture link and each link within the pages are modified to the waybackmachine links. Although find and replace works wonders it's still a long process. You also have to go into each article and save all of the pictures.

Due to this I've E-mailed Max asking for the backup that he took from the old website that he'd mentioned earlier in this thread, which I'll then be able to simply upload.

If the backup is no longer available then I'll work my way through the other chapters.

I'll keep this thread updated as usual.

Thanks again for your patience.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom
    I have almost all of the articles (with pictures) in PDF format, if you open one in Adobe Reader and then save as html it will extract the text and pictures, this may make it some what quicker for you. Let me know if your interested and we'll figure out a way of getting the files to you
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

I could do with them Jimi if they are available?

Right all, Max has got back to me with the backup of the old Mk1 site so I'll be able to make swift progress in getting the technical articles back online!

Once they're up, if anyone wants to update them or think they themselves could do any of them better/more clearly, please get in touch with your submissions.

I'll update this thread once the articles are fully back up!

Thanks again.