Thread: Stainless Steel Exhaust Identification needed??????????

MR2 Newbie

Stainless Steel Exhaust Identification needed??????????

Another part found at the back of my garage. But i have not the slightest idea where i got it from or what if any type it is. Can anyone help identify this exhaust and advise on a price? Its is in a good condition has a couple of slight dents and is used so will need a good clean up. Will polish up very nicely though. Its going up for sale as i need more room so will be posting loads over the coming days.

mk1_mods
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0076.jpg   IMAG0075.jpg   IMAG0074.jpg  
    Last edited by mk1_mods; 20th May 2011 at 11:30 AM.

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    its either a magnex or a mongoose (essentially the same thing) flip it over the other way and magnex will have a little plate tack welded on, it has been repaired which will bring its value down, do you have the other part? as is as a part system £50 tops if you have the other part then £80 to £100

MR2 Newbie
    Right have turned it over and found the little plate tack (see attached) and ah ha i have just found the second part which bolts to the manifold. Wish i could remember were these came from. Right who wants them or do have to slap them on fleabay.

mk1_mods
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0077.jpg  

its a magnex

Tempted. Where are you?
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

MR2 Newbie
    I am down in South Wales mate. Although i do travel to work every day in Leominster if that help anyone. Fleabay are having a free listing weekend this weekend so i am going to try and get all my gear up on there unless anyone want 1st dibs.

mk1_mods

Hi pmd you yesterday about the lights
    Colin
    Last edited by MR2MK1; 19th May 2011 at 06:07 PM.
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Quote Originally Posted by kevin..in View Post
    if you have the other part then £80 to £100

Full system is worth much more than that. £200 is a fair price for a used full system.

MR2 Newbie
    wow not bad for something i have sitting in the back of my garage (thats alot of beer). But for that sort of money would someone really buy a used one when you can buy a brand new mongoose for £370?

Is the demand out there high enough that i can shift it quick? Or do i just need to keep it for six months for someone who want it . Either way its going on ebay this weekend as they are having a listing free day unless there are any takers.

mk1_mods

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Full system is worth much more than that. £200 is a fair price for a used full system.
    not with that repair though