Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Mk1 polyurethane torque mounts

Club Technical Advisor

Woodsport Mk1 polyurethane torque mounts

This is a new product for us in 2011, full poly torque mounts for the Mk1. These fit by removing the original rubber but leaving the steel cage intact (much easier) and then the poly insert presses in by hand.

These bushes will totally eliminate engine movement, no more bucking gearstick! They have been designed for full on track applications so have no holes drilled in them, so expect an increase in vibration through the chassis at idle, but it is very easy to "tune" these mounts by drilling 10mm holes through the inserts to get the desired level of engine damping versus vibration.

I find them perfectly fine as they are but some may want to drill them.

These will be available in approx 2-3 weeks time when my first large batch comes in, price will be £49.50 for BOTH front and rear mounting bushes posted, nothing to add.

You can register your interest below or contact me at Paul@Woodsport.org to place your order, thanks.

Im definitely in for those!

Club Technical Advisor
    No problem, i will release full details when they are finally ready.

I am interested in these Paul, but only need them for road use. Are there any guidelines as to where/how many holes need to be drilled for different degrees of stiffness.

Thanks

Douglas

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Douglas, there are no guides as such, what i normally do is fit them as they are, drive up the road and see how harsh the vibration is, it very much depends from engine to engine as well, some "less well put together" cars can vibrate all over the place (loose dash screws being a common one).

If it's too harsh then i recommend drilling 3 lateral 10mm holes like this....

Do it to one mount at a time, test drive and see what it's like.

You can add more holes to fine tune but there will always be more chassis vibration over stock mounting rubbers using poly ones, but i much prefer the mroe solid engine feel, the stock mounts allow the engine to rock about far too much for my liking.

Thanks for that Paul. I'll definately have a set.

MR2 Newbie
    Yeah, count me in to.

MR2 Fan
    I think that the oem mounts actually have pressable inserts in them to start with, which I had not realized until recently. Do yours require removing the pressed insert trim, or just removing the rubber from inside those insert trims, as I would assume the correct fit would be dependent on that? Thanks.

MR2 Newbie
    Did you get these in Paul?

Club Technical Advisor
    I'm afraid i am only able to supply the rear mount only, my supplier let me down on the front mount production run.