Thread: NE area meets

Club Technical Advisor

NE area meets

Hi folks, is anyone interested in kick starting the NE area meets? Do we still have a NE Mk1 group of owners who would want this? Becky and i are happy to organize a run out if enough interest is shown, stick your name down if you fancy it one Sunday.

MR2 Newbie
    My car is still a project but I would love to meet anyone who also has one and I would be happy if anyone would like to see my project and advise on how to continue and improve upon it, I work shifts and I don't have a weekend off for a fair while but I could try to get a swap in if something come up.

Please email me if something does as I don't read this area of the forum often.

Thanks

Liam

EFA - I would still join in a run out in my little C2 ^_^
    Last edited by laam999; 3rd May 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Hi Paul,

Good to see you are still trying to keep this alive. The NE area folded about 2 years ago after I realised there were only about 3 members in the entire NE, me, dad, and another member and possibly another who's car wasn't road worthy. Got sick of organising events and sitting in the church mouse on me tod !

If you organise something I will fully support you, would be nice to go back to our roots where it all started ;0)

Go for it

Cheers
    Michael

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Michael/Liam, let's see how it goes, Becky and i are well up for getting it going again, they were some of the best runs out ever back in the day, ideally we could do with at least 4 or 5 names down to make it worthwhile.

I'm in Mirfield near Leeds. A fair bit south from the Woodsport crew but might be up for it. Nick

Nick, we have had many runs out in Yorkshire, Lakes and the Dales so could possible go south. Paul and myself are based in Durham. Could ideally tie it in with an event, car show, some motorsport, BBQ on beach, that type of stuff. We have had a few runs to Croft with the cars to watch BTCC and SBK.

I must get my Mk1 back on the road if this is to happen, been sat in the garage since July 2009, just needs an MOT, TAX and some insurance and we should be away!

Hi Mike tried to send you private message ,but it says your box is full. It was nice to meet you and your family at Ripley car show. I live in Leeds and a run Ive done a few times is up to Leyburn for fantastic cavery Then over to Hawes (cheese factory) back thro Horton in Ribblesdale

MR2 Mk1 Club Committee Members
    Hi Paul,
    Well done for trying to et a NE Area going again! Somw years ago I decided to join Mike Sheavill's first outing he organided for the club. Set off grom Loughborough early Sunday morning and we met the others at a Tesco Supermarket just south of Newcastle centre. Visited Lindesfarn,Bamburgh and Cragside during the day. Had a great time and at about 5pm drove back to Loughborough - total distance - 525 miles!!

NW Area are holding a run into North Cumbria on 3rd July - if any NE members want to join us that would be great. Meeting points are Buton Services (M6 J35-36 North Bound) ay 09.30 or could meet at Brough (near Kirkby Stephen A66) at 10.30. More details on the link below:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...862#post125862

If you want to join us just drop me a message.

Graham

Hi,

Great to meet you at the show, pity about the weather and my sons teeth were hurting so we retired to Ripley villiage for ice cream. Was good to see Bobs MK1 again, still in great shape. Our 2nd baby is due next week, then I'm looking to get my MK1 MOT'd and Taxed and insured ready for the summer so I'll be out to play !

Regards
    Michael Sheavills

Graham, thanks for the invite, if I have my MK1 on the road count me in