Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PEAK DISTRICT RUN, SUNDAY MAY 15th

Quote Originally Posted by 88mister2 View Post
    Hi All,
    Had a great time yesterday apart from locking the car keys inside the car. Thanks to all who helped to retrieve them and to Kevin (I think it was) who phoned Paul Woods to find out how to get into a locked car, cheers Paul. Unfortunately following Bill on the way home I have pretty well written off the car, at least by insurance standards. After negotiating all the bendy, twisty roads on the run, I was exiting a roundabout on a dual carriageway road when the car suddenly spun and I went into the central reservation barrier, first with the front then the rear passenger side. I can only think that I had hit a patch of oil or diesel coupled with accelerating in 2nd gear. I had gone round the Peak District bends much faster and probably on wetter surfaces. The main thing is that I have come out of it without a scratch. I have sent Gary some pics in the hope that he may be able to get the car roadworthy again. I drove the car home and it felt solid, no vibrations at 60mph on the M60.
    Cheers Denis

hi all , i have now inspected the car and it can be saved ,front needs new slam panel ,wing, bumper , and part of the inner wing cutting out and new welded in ,lucky the Cassie hasn't been touch . the rear will need to be cut out ,but again its mainly panel damage . i have beat the back panel out just to get the boot to shut . this car is far to good to scrap and now wont be .

a few picks of damage

MR2 Newbie
    Many thanks to Gary for looking at the car so quickly. I really appreciate the work that he is doing and it shows just how passionate about MR2 mk1's he is. I only got the car to him this morning and he has already started on the boot section. I will look forward to the next Peak District run in this car. Before that is the Tatton show which if the weather is fine, I will attend in my T bar. (I don't like getting it too wet!).
    Denis

Knowing Gary, it will be back, better than before and probably by about afternoon tea tomorrow. I have no idea how he does it. Mystical.

hi , i do love a challenge Kate but this car will take a lot of work to put it right but i will enjoy every minute of it .the front will be ripped out this weekend to see if there are anymore nasty surprises lurking under the crash bar . then the front built first then the rear end repaneled . i now need to source good parts to save car and take it back to its former glory .

gary

hi all picks of car rebuilt . now better than before the smash . she lives again

gary