Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PEAK DISTRICT RUN, SUNDAY MAY 15th

MR2 Obsessive
    Wow Denis, that is a bit of a mess. Glad you are OK. I have to ask how did you do the front as the wing and bumper looks fine it is just the light and bonnet that are bent. If the car drove OK it looks like you have not damaged the suspension so a front light, bonnet and a rear panel and bumper from a scrap car (if you can find one) might do the job. I know you said the car was really solid underneath so it might be worth saving Gary will let you know. PS I can give you a rear passenger side light if no one else has one.
    Last edited by coverco; 16th May 2011 at 02:56 PM.

Ouch! Glad you are OK Denis, that is the most important thing.

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    wow! sorry to hear that Dennis, glad you're OK

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Tommy, the central reservation barrier was a horizontal convex type. I guess it just matched the height of the bonnet. The car was spinning so possibly hit the barrier just near the headlight/bonnet line then bounced off to have another go on the rear end. You will notice also that the boot lid wasn't touched. I really can't explain it . Thanks for the offer of the rear light cluster, I have been collecting parts and already have a set of lights. The rear arch panel is very bad and has deformed the boot shut line on that side. Gary doesn't want the car scrapped so I shall leave it in his very capable hands.
    Cheers Denis
    Last edited by 88mister2; 16th May 2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Incorrect member name

MR2 Obsessive
    When I fitted the full rear quarters on my car Denis the boot shut line is part of the panel, It is single skinned so if Gary can find a scrap car with a decent rear panel he could cut it out and weld it in. I know the car he got his engine from is being scrapped and he may get the panel from that, it used to be mine and the upper panel was OK although the bottom bit was rotten but I gave Nigel (Nige B) a repair panel when he bought it. Good luck with getting it repaired and if you need any spares and I have them you can have them FOC

MR2 Newbie
    Cheers Tommy,will bear you in mind
    Denis

MR2 Fan
    Whow, Denis, when did that happen? I thought you'd been following our little North West convoy home until you turned off. If this happened while you where at the back and following us and we never noticed then I'm really sorry for not stopping.

Gary, yeah I got some pics, not many and I've not reviewed them yet so I don't know how good they are. I'll go and get my camera now and post some up.

MR2 Fan
    I have uploaded them all to here http://www.photobucket.com/peaks15052011

And here are some of my favorites (as it will only let me post 4)...

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Rick, it happened after Bill and myself left the convoy. Nice pics, I like the last one.
    Denis

Who has the yellow one? I thought that Alpha13 in Ireland had the only yellow one? Good to see some unusual colours including Gary's grey one. Looks like some excellent driving roads, ones we don't get down here in sunny Hertfordshire.

Sorry about your car Denis, although I gather Gary is a wizard. Seen a rather lovely Mica blue one he did recently.