Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PEAK DISTRICT RUN, SUNDAY MAY 15th

MR2 Newbie
    Cheers Bill, much appreciated.

hi all , cant wait for this one and another fantastic turn out , i am working my nuts off to get the new car ready for the run . just dropped the engine to night ready for the new one being fitted saturday ( which i still have to pick up 120 mile round trip ) bill is giving me a lift to fit it saturday afternoon so should be running by tea time and then get it ready for the mot test on wednesday , and after all the work i have done and money spent i am pretty sure it will pass . roll on next Sunday and hopefully i will blasting through the peaks in a car whats not seen the road for ten years .

gary

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    give me a shout if you need a hand tomorrow, off to barnsley today to get my car

hi kevin, thanks for the offer mate and would have taken you up on it if i had seen the post this morning
    . the new engine is in and now running and seems to be fine , i have got to change the clutch master cylinder , bleed the clutch ,replace the throttle cable and change all the water clips + bits and bobs on Sunday , then paint the new body work next week . many many thanks to bill today for the lift and i couldn't have done it as quick with out him ( 5 hours ) top bloke and a brilliant engineer . so far its going to plan and fingers crossed i will be using her for the peaks run .
    ps hows your new car
    gary

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    OK no probs, I did actually detour through Buxton on my way home yesterday, I rang Bill but he was driving at the time, so couldn't get directions, so had a thrash over the moors then home
    My car it tidy enough to make me proud. but also has enough little things to do to make me interested, changing fluids, filters and plugs today, ready for sunday

MR2 Obsessive
    I have decided to put my car back on the road after 2 years SORNed.

Insured today, MOT tomorrow and assuming it passes tax as well. So I quite fancy a decent run out and this sounds good. I will need to road test the car in the next few days to make sure it's hibernation has not caused any problems but assuming all is well I will PM Gary for details. From Barnsley I assume the best way to get to Macclesfield is over Woodhead?

hi tommy , great news you are putting the car back on the road . woodhead pass is the fastest way from barnsley to macc . The meeting place will be at Tesco, Hibel road, Macclesfield, SK10 2BA. the start time is 9.30 . you will be going on some top roads before you get to meeting point ,this will blow the cobwebs out of the old girl
    hope to see you sunday .

gary

MR2 Obsessive
    MOT passed, car taxed and it seems to be running well. Will give it a bit of a run over the next couple of days and assuming everything is OK I will see you all on Sunday. Only problem with the MOT was a steering rack gaiter was loose, luckily my MOT guy is a friend so he just said tie wrap it back on, so it is down the inspection pit tonight

hi , thats very good news . mine has just passed the mot as well ,all the hard work as paid off

gary

YEERRRRRRRSSSSSS! Thats 3 MOT successes this week!