Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PEAK DISTRICT RUN NUMBER 2 SUNDAY 25th SEPTEMBER

Talking

Hi Gary
    While taking note of your post above, I think with my gearbox knocks/spongy brakes/oil leak, I'd be asking for trouble trying to do the route. I might however try to meet up with you all for the lunch stop if you know in advance where and roughly when it'll be. Don't want to miss out completely!

MR2 Fan
    My Mk1 can hardly make it to the bottom of my street at the moment before cutting out so it won't be joining you on this trip.
    If you ever open these runs up to other cars I'll be right back with you on them all.
    In the mean time, I'll see you all at go karting and at the monthly meets.

hi , thanks for letting me know you cant make , can i please have a list of members who are defiantly going on this run .

thanks gary

peak run CANCELLED

Because of the lack of support the PEAK RUN IS ///////CANCELLED///////,,,,,,
    Bill Hulme.

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    thats sad, I'm doing north yorks tomorrow so wouldn't have been able to do another on sunday, I know how much work goes into organising this event and its a pity people don't seem to want to try it, best scenery anywhere great roads and good company

I was gutted when Bill phoned me today with the news that this was cancelled. I'd made a big effort to get the Mk1.5 ready and booked in for MOT this afternoon in preparation.

It passed though, first time, with only new rear tyres as an advisory! Very chuffed as I've done all the work on it myself.

If you're passing near Beverley tomorrow Kevin, feel free to pop in. Just PM me for contact details.

Cheers,
    Tom

hi tom , glad the car passed mate nice one . sorry the run has been cancelled but the numbers what where going to turn up wasn't worth the cost in fuel tbh ( 4 of us bill , Tommy , tom and me ) other members who were coming have had problems and had to cancel , that's life am afraid so the run will be on next year and hopefully bigger and better . There does seem to be a lack of support throughout the club ( the NW runs are very well supported usually ) for the club runs considering the amount of members we have and is usually the same people who attend them , these are a brilliant bunch of people and a great time is had by all , so if you are thinking of joining club events do it you wont be disappointed and will be made more than welcome . we need your support for next year events as members put hours in to planing them , graeme ( lakelad ) is awesome at planing routes and his lakes runs are not to be missed ,a fantastic day out , bill sorted the wales run out and again a fantastic day out which could easily be turned it to a weekend trip ( camping ) as there is so many good roads in wales . tom mundy is planing a run round is area for next year and am looking forward to that , so come on people get your Mk1s on the runs and out of the garages and enjoy yourselves your only hear once .

gary

MR2 Fan
    I will def be going on the runs next year. Really looking forward to it!

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    I was gutted when Bill phoned me today with the news that this was cancelled. I'd made a big effort to get the Mk1.5 ready and booked in for MOT this afternoon in preparation.

It passed though, first time, with only new rear tyres as an advisory! Very chuffed as I've done all the work on it myself.

If you're passing near Beverley tomorrow Kevin, feel free to pop in. Just PM me for contact details.

Cheers,
    Tom
    thanks for the offer tom, but basically it was just a nip to the chippy run, Magpie cafe at Whitby, 420 miles for fish & chips, great day good run even some sunshine, top chips, & to please Bill there was even a gurl!

hi Kevin , you must like you fish in chips sounds a good day out , i have never been to Whitby but always planed to go , i must do it one day or could this turn in to a club run it would be an excellent reason to go and a lot of fun

gary