Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easter run 2011

Easter run 2011

Ok folks just to give you all the heads up I hope to start planning our Easter run after Xmas .
    I have been looking at doing the Mourne Mountains and Ards peninsula taking in a few of the sights and maybe stopping for a barbecue on route weather permitting.(Ronnie hope you have new tools on your xmas list)
    I have had a look at a potential route and it would work out in the region of f 130 mile taking in a ferry crossing on the Strangford ferry and a stop at the Spelga dam and or the Silent valley .We could also visit one of the local forest parks Tullymore /Castlewellan
    This is only a suggestion and if anyone has any other suggestions please dont be shy and let me know so we can have a look at it .(Mark get the thinking cap on)

Merry Xmas and a Happy new year to you all

Colin
    LAO
    Ireland
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Re: Easter run 2011

thats me out then... cant swim and dont like heights... i,ll just meet you all at the picnic spot.. and hope i dont get attacked by squirrels, seagulls, or any other killer animals..

you dont need to swim ronnie... dont forget there is lotus influence on our cars!!!
    did you not find the hidden swith to turn it into a sub yet!! just like 007

Ok folk looks like i am planning this for Sunday 1st of May so check your diaries and let me know if you are on board so i can start planning for the numbers concerned. I have only had 2 comments on this as you can see from thread .

Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

1 st of may is fine with me colin..

Thanks Mark for the reply hope to get an email with route etc organized and sent out to all at the weekend .

Colin

coolaboola

Hi all
    I have come up with a route for our planned Easter run on Sunday 1/05/2011 and it is as follows

Start - Sprucefield Centre, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Via - Hilltown, Newry, County Down
    Via - Spelga Dam / Mourne Mountains, County Down
    Via - Kilkeel, County Down
    Via - Newcastle , County Down (Stop for picnic lunch (Barbecue weather permitting)
    Via - Stangford ,County Down (Ferry Crossing to Portaferry)
    Via - Ballywalter ,Donaghadee ,Bangor
    Via - Newtownards (Optional Stop for dinner @ Molly Browns Pub)

I would hope for us to meet up arround 10:30 am leaving Sprucefield at 11:00 am

Total millage about 110 miles
    See Below map

Can i ask you all let me know if you will be attending ASAP and if so will you be wanting to stop for Dinner at Molly Browns i have made an enquiry and the cost is £14.95 for 3 coarses but they said they will look at a reduction depending on numbers.

Regards
    Colin
    LAO Ireland

count me in...for the meal too

all being well i shall be attending even though i dont like heights or water....the club run attendance comes first....will pratice my blindfold driving between now and then ..wife should be able to help me out greatly in this field..literally...lol...not sure about meal as no doubt the babysitter costs will be mounting up as the day goes on...