Thread: New owner MR2 MK1 T-BAR 1989

New owner MR2 MK1 T-BAR 1989

Hello all i have just been given a toyota mr2 mk1 t-bar with 107,000 on clock in white what i need for the car is a windscreen and 2 front wings as they have rust on them.
    Any help would be much appreciated as this is my first and i am looking to get this motor back on the road.

Also just found in the boot is a brand new oil filter and a full blue set of HT leads

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: New owner MR2 MK1 T-BAR 1989

Well done on being given a mk1

Are the blue HT leads Magnecor ? if so Keep them, they are £80 to buy

Wanted section here or ebay is your best bet for used parts, But don't forget Toyota still do new front wings for around £120 each or you can get Fibreglass wings from around £70 ish each.

Rear wings are no longer available from Toyota (whole rear 3/4, were £400 each)
    But replacement panels (3 parts per rear wing) can be got easily at around £120 a side.

Used windscreens are next to impossible to remove from a car without breaking it, try your local windscreen replacement company's, around £160 is good, Auto glass and RAC etc will charge you £400

Chris

Re: New owner MR2 MK1 T-BAR 1989

Hi Andy & welcome

Pop a post up in the wanted section for the parts you require.
    Also it may be cheaper to get the screeen replaced via your insurance if you are covered there.