Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie from Anglesey

Re: Newbie from Anglesey

Awesome...known in Japan as Gymkhana, I know a couple of people who use their SCs for it!!

Looks like you're getting used to that slight rear weight bias...comes in v.handy for snap turns!!

Does take some balls though...like your vid, btw(and on FB)

Thanks btw, doesn't matter what kit it is, as long as you like it!!

Hiya and welcome
    i loved a go at grass auto testing in our mk1, although it was a bit low on the ride hight.
    are you sure you bought the right car for job, as you are carrying so much weight with all that kit on?....
    A stripped out mk1 would be ace I love the colour though
    try picking up some cheap std MK3 alloys as they are a straight fit and would be so much better for your off road fun
    As the mk1 handbrakes are notoriously crap soem of the turns are not easy as the FWD guys but the sliding around is a hoot!
    We've done loads of trackdays at Trac Mon though with ours and loved it.

MR2 Lurker

I've given up on the off roading in the MR2, definately not the right car for it! It was a good laugh though and got some odd looks

I've stripped the car as much as I can internally, though I've had to make a fibreglass cover for the 'transmission' tunnel as my arm was getting a battering on all the ironwork! I'm going to re-build the rear calipers this winter if I can find the parts needed as one of them is binding now and then. Any suggestions on where to source them?

I saw a load of (racing prepped) MK1's on the island a couple of months ago that looked to be heading to the circuit. Would that have been you guys? Let me know if your heading that way again, I'm only 20 mins away from the track.

you can get caliper refurb kits from toyota adn brakes international.
    look it up in the mechanical section as this has been discussed in depth.

the mk1 you saw were racing in one of the 2 race series for them - see the track section, as sarah has done loads of race reports. you can see the calendar by following a link.

our track prepped mk1 needs a new engine, so we are taking our vx220 back to trac mon in oct with bookatrack

Camskill also do refurb kits

MR2 Lurker

Thanks for the brake info guys. I'll try and make it to the track in oct for a look The next autotest is at the track in December (27th I think) so I've got till then to get the car sorted