Thread: ANTRIM COAST RUN SUNDAY 26/09/10

ANTRIM COAST RUN SUNDAY 26/09/10

Ok Guys
    We are trying to organise a run up the A2 Antrim Coast road on Sunday 26/09/2010 ,This will probably be the last run of the year for most of us so lets go out with a bang ,who's up for it ?
    The official starting point will be Larne but those of us from Belfast side can meet up as usual at a suitable place and travel down together.

Proposed Route

Larne - Ballygally - Glenarm - Carnlough - Glenarrif - Cushendall - Ballycastle - Bushmills - Portrush - Portstewart - Coleraine - Ballymoney - Belfast /Home Total Mileage 120

Anyone who is up for this let me know ASAP so i have an idea of numbers
    Cheers
    Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Re: ANTRIM COAST RUN SUNDAY 26/09/10

Hi all
    Just a quick one to say i need everyone who is going on the Antrim coast run on Sunday the 26th to let me know by the end of the week if they will be attending
    We have some things that we are trying to plan for those who attend (secret) and need numbers
    We intend to stop of in Cushendall at the boat club for a picnic lunch which you will need to bring with you and Dunluce Castle and Carrick-a- rede for photos then a stop on the way home at the Fort Royal in Ballymena for dinner and have negotiated a good price cost £13.95 for 3 courses ,Main ,Sweet and Tea/Coffee

if you are wanting to avail of this meal please indicate in your response Can i ask you to reply to this email asap
    Estimated time of meet up in Larne will be 11 am final details to follow
    Any queries or question don't hesitate to ask
    Cheers
    Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

will "barrys" be open.. just in case the wife takes a notion to drive at some point during the run..

Well folks thats the end of the runs for this year and and i think we all enjoyed ourselves once again we struck it good with the weather as well.
    I would like to say a big thankyou to all who attended and it was great to see so many new faces ,a special thanks to Stephen Allison for the momentos we all received and for oraganising the great meal we had in the Fort Royal just outside Ballymena and to Mark for driving up from Dublin once again,Mark has attended every run to date and helped many of us out with car problems and by the way Ronnie your still resident chef and food critic for next year thanks for your help througout the year especially on the member recruitment front
    I hope i have not missed anyone out with my thankyous so once again thankyou to you all for turning up and for your help in 2010
    So folks keep in touch and look after the cars and make sure they are fit and ready for the next merry outing which will be easter 2011

Colin
    LAO
    Ireland

I have attached a few pictures of the day but more will follow when i get them from Glen who was the resident photogragher for the day

well. here is the link to the pics i took on sunday for all who want to see them
    http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu18 ... ast%20run/

Really annoyed that I didn't make it there in the 2.

At least I got to see you all at the car park outside Portrush.

Cars looking great as always.

Produced my documents for plod on Monday, so hopefully he is happy now, pity my day wasn't

Oh well.

The 2 is now tucked up in it's bed with it's cover on until April

I miss it already!!

See you all next year, hopefully at the Eglinton Classic show in April

Alan

it was a pity you didnt get to join us with the car alan, but at least you joined us and you got sorted with the copper...that is good news atleast

MR2 Lurker
    Just noticing these pictures now! Great run in the past

Great photos.