Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Stoneleigh Restoration Show - Sunday 24th October

MR2 Newbie

Re: Stoneleigh Restoration Show - Sunday 24th October

Quote Originally Posted by Gad
    I just need to get out of the habit of holding fifth in now.

Lol, I always get told off for holding the gearnob while driving.

MR2 Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by No3157

O.T and i are pretty gutted...stupid organising b!nt...
    Nay mind, another time(hopefully)...

Saw lots of flashes going off while we were busy...who got the piccies then??
    Mik, you'd be welcome to bring her down south for a weekend and we could get her done without having to rush....winter BBQ FTW ?

I think Lou and Garrick were snapping away, I guess piccies will be up in due course. We're still recovering from the trek home last night, salt trucks, Mahoosive ships on lorries, 50 limits, crap headlights and sleep deprivation saw us stagger in at gone 11:30pm Was still on time for work @ 8am though.....half dead but on time

Quote Originally Posted by Cassi
    Mik, you'd be welcome to bring her down south for a weekend and we could get her done without having to rush....winter BBQ FTW ?
    Sounds like a severe plan!! We're liking this idea...very much...

I think Lou and Garrick were snapping away, I guess piccies will be up in due course.
    We're still recovering from the trek home last night, salt trucks, Mahoosive ships on lorries, 50 limits, crap headlights and sleep deprivation saw us stagger in at gone 11:30pm Was still on time for work @ 8am though.....half dead but on time
    Gotcha...and sympathy!! Total fair play for bothering when others just wouldn't...

You and Chris get yourselves recovered, and then get in touch, we'll set something up - yeah, a BBQ in this weather sounds immense!!

Sorry for the late reply on this!

Well done to Cassi for getting it all organised!

I had a really good day and it was good to see a gearbox change being done (and completed!); just a shame we couldn't get any other cars on the stand.

Twas good meeting some old faces and some new ones and wandering around the show was interesting too. Too many dangerous opportunities to buy yet more tools though.

Thanks to Douglas for driving down and back. We must remember to come in from the other way as we had to queue for ages only to find that most people were going into another show and we could have gone straight into the Restoration Show entrance if we'd come a different route.. hindsight!

Cheers again and hopefully see you all next year.

Tom

PS: Mik, at this rate you'll have to put on a feast of booze and snacks for me at JAE next year!

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy
    PS: Mik, at this rate you'll have to put on a feast of booze and snacks for me at JAE next year!
    For 2 cans of Strongbow and a couple savoury eggs?? LOL...priceless mate!!