Thread: Yes, an American!

Yes, an American!

Hello everybody, my name is Mike and I'm from Minnesota. I've been a proud MR2 owner for about a month and a half now, and I figured it's about time to join a specialized forum. I won't bore you with details about my life... I know what you guys really care about:

I've been doing my best to clean it up, you really don't appreciate how dirty a car can get until you buy a neglected one who's home was on a dirt road. I've spent hours cleaning, but every time I disassemble something there's another layer of dust.

MR2 Fan

Re: Yes, an American!

Welcome, welcome!
    Good to hear from our cousins from across the pond.
    I really like the decal on your mirror
    Don`t suppose you see too many MK1`s in Minnesota?

Hi...that blue is strangely growing on me...

Keep up the good work with her, a front grille and splitters would help amazingly...

I know about dust, have to traverse a 1/3mile 'rally stage' to get to our workshop...damned hard to keep on top of!!

welcome
    i second the mirror decal mind you they would be so far back you would need 20/20 vision even to see the spec
    nice colour.. looks cool... it is not supercharged?? but they are the supercharged light though??? or are they the common lights over there on the mk1?? if so the europeans get screwed again as they are the nicer lights on the car..in my opinion LOL

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent

Quote Originally Posted by alpha13
    but they are the supercharged light though??? or are they the common lights over there on the mk1?? if so the europeans get screwed again as they are the nicer lights on the car..in my opinion LOL
    late model non european spec lights, most commonly seen here on SC imports, but not SC specific!

thanks kev another piece of information learned can never have enough of that with the mk1's
    still think they look better than the euro spec ones