Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk1b '89 T-bar - spares only (as a whole)

MR2 Newbie

Mk1b '89 T-bar - spares only (as a whole)

My white '89 Mk 1b T-bar has been swiped across the front by a white van, and cannot be rebuilt

Its available as is for anyone wanting spares. 100,000 miles, engine and gearbox good.

Have spare undamaged bonnet, and spare driver's door complete with glass and electrics - with small rusty area at base.

Must be taken complete - cannot strip.

Dave, Portishead, North Somerset.

MR2 Fan

Re: Mk1b '89 T-bar

What damage was done?
    What sort of price are you looking at?

MR2 Newbie

The impact was at the bumper on the driver's side. The front was pushed sideways from driver's side towards passenger side about 6". The windscreen was cracked and now removed, as are the front wings, by a body shop. The cabin is pretty OK, passenger door OK, as is the engine bay and rear, but I believe that there is some rust underneath. Tires are OK, as are rear wings (had new MR2DC edges fitted a few years ago), rear window, n/a engine (110,000 miles), engine cover (with MR2DC boot rack), rear bumper (and two bar), rear boot cover and tail spoiler. Glass roof plates and soft and hard covers fine (plus two spares glasses and covers). MOT was fine last year!
    Price - open to offer.

MR2 Enthusiast

Hi mate sorry see that

Can you tell me the white paint code of your car is it 040 or 043 (you can see this on the chassis plate under the bonnet)

I'm interested have you an idea of price ? and I can collect as I have my own trailer.

Chris

MR2 Newbie

Chris, I can't tell you, as the car is in a Toyota rcommended bodyshop in Motocorner, in Albert Rd., St Philips, Bristol, and HAS to be out of there on Wednesday the 30th - whether for sale, disposal or scrap.
    For the moment, I don't have the log book, as I didn't receive it from Swansea when I changed the registration, but the Bristol DVLA are sending me a new one for Wednesday, as I want to reclaim the plates and reinstate its original G198OFG before I lose the car.
    The VIN is JT1C0AW1100158432 - does the 432 at the end of the vin indicate the colour by any chance.
    If you are interested, I wonder if £100 would suit? That would cover my cost of retention of the reg (my Ham radio call sign!) I hope that some good can come from this business.
    You can contact me at writer2003@btinternet.com.

Re: Mk1b '89 T-bar - spares only (as a whole)

I'd sell the boot rack for ?£50 on here or ebay

MR2 Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by oukie
    Hi mate sorry see that

Can you tell me the white paint code of your car is it 040 or 043 (you can see this on the chassis plate under the bonnet)

I'm interested have you an idea of price ? and I can collect as I have my own trailer.

Chris
    I thought you were going to collect today! Problems?

Dave

MR2 Fan

If someone does eventually take this car and decides to break it i'd be intersted in alot of parts off it,i'd take the whole car myself but getting it back to Ireland is the problem.

MR2 Enthusiast

YHPM

do you still have the mr2 for sale if so can you give me your number
    Thanks Paul