Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD:White-over-silver Mk1a Sunroof

MR2 Fan

SOLD:White-over-silver Mk1a Sunroof

Unfortunately, the time has come to sell my beloved Mk1a

She underwent an extensive restoration last year (see link below) & has hardly been driven since. I have literally hundreds of pictures of the restoration process which I will happily give to the new owner.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2456&hilit=wedding+and+rust

I would like to point out, that the clutch change which is mentioned in the above link has NOT been done. I simply haven't had the time but to be honest, the car drives really well & there's no noticable slipping so it hasn't bothered me at all.

The plan for this summer was to detail the engine bay but you guessed it...haven't had the time to do that either! With a detailed engine bay this really would be a stunning car

The only other point of note is that although it's had a full re-spray, this is NOT to show-winning standard. It is a million times better than the original faded toyota paint job though

In summary:

major restoration last year
    58000 miles
    4 owners from new
    alarm/immobiliser/RCL
    tax Oct '10
    MOT Nov '10

£2000 (I feel this is a fair price considering all the work & money that has gone into this car...the alloys & Parada Spec2 tyres alone were £560 & they are as new!)

If you need any further info/pics please PM me & I'll sort it asap

Re: White-over-silver Mk1a Sunroof

Mark what are you thinking .
    I thought you were going to come over some time and do a run with us

Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Fan

I know, I know...I definitely need my head examined for selling this one!

Unfortunately, it's just not getting used. A recent change of employer means I now walk to work (hence the sale of my vRS) & I can't justify having it sit on my driveway anymore.

Don't worry Colin, I'll definitely make the trip home some time soon to meet up with you guys, I'm really looking forward to it to be honest! You never know if someone in Ireland buys it, I could even deliver it & meet ye then!

ps: I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow for a heater/radio surround (haven't a clue if I have one but I'll have a look n' see)

No problem Mark you will always be welcome to join us, did you see the Mosney pics in the past events section.

Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Fan

Sure did! Some nice pics, looks like ye had a great day...not too sure bout those burgers though!?!

Is the mica blue t-bar with the multi-spokes your car? Looks

I've had a look through my garage as well & unfortunately I don't have a radio/heater surround, sorry. You might want to try Oukie, paulsimms or gafr21; they usually have spares

Thanks For looking Mark and yes that is mine i am well pleased with the way it turned out

Colin

well now mark.. dont be rushing yourself over here if you dont like the look of our "celebrity cooked meats"... but seriously i wont be available for chef duties as gordon and marko have been on the phone as one would expect and i will be busy no doubt for the forseeable future

MR2 Fan

How r'ya Ronnie!

I've looked through the Ballymena pics twice now & it seems Gordon & Marco are keeping you busy...there was plenty of lovely Mk1's but not a burger in sight!?!

Looks like ye had another fab day...I'm really envious to be honest

Also, what's this about an August run? Maybe if I organise myself a bit better I could make that one? Depending on location & whether there is likely to be gourmet burgers available of course!!!

well now mark..between you and me i was maybe goin to serve up a dodgy batch and get "celebrity chef sacked..." then if you did make it over i could show you the samples and tastes of our local brew,s... and if you weren,t that way inclined .. well you could just sit and watch me dispatch them..

MR2 Fan

I'm open to realistic offers on this, otherwise I'll reluctantly be listing her on eBay