Thread: Newbie from Lincs

Newbie from Lincs

Hi

I am SJ

Just bought my first MK1 MR2 and I love it!

Been hankering for a two now for yonks, loved all the MKS in different ways but saw this one and fell in love instantly. Few pics

Looks like my alternator may have gone already though (only bought it today) and seemed a bit leeky in tonights monsoon, after that I want to work on cosmetic stuff, there interior is a bit too blue for me

Am hoping to learn some proper bangernomics with it so apologies for any dense questions, I had an Aygo before which I loved and tracked it as often as possible, Santa Pod, Cadwell, Dunsfold and most recently Nurburg (glady bore you with a million pics if you want ) but obviously wanted more power among pop up head lights and the T bar

Cheers and look forward to chatting soon

Stiglet or SJ or Sarah if your really need to

MR2 Fan

Re: Newbie from Lincs

Hi SJ,

That's a nice looking car you have there...mica blue t-bars are Gotta agree with you about the blue interiors though! If you're looking to change it over to black, stick a post up in the "wanted" section & I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out

I've never thought of the Aygo as a track weapon...I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with your Mk1!

Anyhow, congrats on your purchase & welcome to the club

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent

Quote Originally Posted by KMK11
    I've never thought of the Aygo as a track weapon...I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with your Mk1!
    weapon!!

Pfft that has an MR2 Engine though..

I did this standard

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent

I probably built that T Sport Corolla

MR2 Fan

Luv the "crazy" Aygo...yer man holding the wall up seems to like it too! I guess if you had his kinda budget then any car could be a "weapon" though?!

Hi SJ

I am a relative newbie to all this too - definitely approve of Mica Blue T bars! Bought mine in March and the first thing I had to replace was an alternator too.

My iPhone app MyCarCheck tells me yours was registered on 1/8/88 - mine 22 days later on 23/8/88.

When our cars took to the road, the UK number 1 for the whole of August 88 was 'The Only Way Is Up' by Yazz - let's hope that bodes well for our MR2 ownership!

Have fun with it!

Cheers
    Chris Gough

The only was to go is Mica Blue T-Bar.

Had mine 4 years now and I also had to buy an alternator fairly early on in our love affair.

Get used to a soggy bottom or buy a car cover/car port/garage (*). I have replaced the T-Bar seals and all sorts, it has got better but there is definitely distinct dampness in the bottom area after a heavy rain fall.

Your car looks lovely. Mine looks a little tired now and needs some TLC (which it will get over the next few months) but it is 21 years old and am still in love with it and am sure you will be too. Hopefully see you at some of the meets.

* I now have a car cover and when I move house in the next few weeks I shall have a car port and a garage

Thanks for the welcomes

And ooh Chris are cars could be related

And yep Only way is up

Hi kate To be honest the dripping is so minor am not worried, after that monsoon we had I was dreading going to the next day but it was bone dry

and well the alternator has been fine since, think it was just having a spaz at me as I was getting used it it

Going to give the car some proper love at the weekend already started my to do list and a shopping list on ebay!

Hi SJ

Yes - two MR2s probably from the same litter - or if not the same bloodline....OK gone completely mad now.

My car has the luxury of a garage to live in, but when it has to spend time outside, I bought a cover from Argos - nothing fancy but for £25 it does a good job. The only day mine got wet was the day I picked it up - a few drips inside via the glass panels but nothing major.

Ebay been brilliant for bits and pieces - bought a driver's door switch, jack, tool set, original manual, cuddly toy etc etc. I've even bought things I don't need - but love the bidding. Such fun!

Hope the weekend goes well. I've got a duff shoulder from all the polishing!