Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic - 23rd to 25 July

MR2 Enthusiast

Silverstone Classic - 23rd to 25 July

Well what can I say, this really is an event not to be missed , it is an absolute fantastic 3 Day Show . I had the priviledge of going last year and enjoyed every single minute, they is so much to see and do, but do not take my word for it, go see for yourself.

As always our Chairman Ken Salmon is taking the reigns for this event,

"See Septembers 2009 magazine for the rave reports on last years event

Club ticket prices are available up to 30th June 2010. The club offer is two tickets
    for the price of one.

Friday £25 }
    Saturday £35 } Plus a booking fee &
    Sunday £35 } credit card charge of approx £5
    3 day £80 }

The above charge covers two tickets and it is necessary to take a passenger to gain any advantage as the charge is the same for driver only.

Our club stand is central circuit together with over 100 other clubs displaying 6000
    privately owned classics.

It is our cars 25th anniversary and Silverstone have kindly agreed to include us in a select club presentation display lap of the famous Grand prix circuit, so don’t miss out
    on this unique opportunity to support the club and take your car on the track.

This is the world’s biggest classic racing festival and Silverstone intend this to be the best yet with more racing, more classic cars, more live music and more to see and do.
    There will be 800 cars spanning seven decades of motor racing heritage from 1930 to the 1990’s entering in 23 races. Your tickets will include entry to the evening concerts
    on Friday featuring the Yardbirds and Dr Feelgood and Saturday featuring stars from
    the X factor, including Jedward, Danyl Johnson, Ruth Lorenzo, and The Rick Parfitt Jnr. Rock Band ( Rick Jnr is the son of legendary Status Quo member Rick senior.
    Entry to stands, the open pit and paddock area, and all displays are included without additional charge.

Peter Scatchard and Stuart Kynoch will be representing the club in this years Silverstone Classic Retro run and joining in the action.

A new feature at this years Classic is single track sessions on the extended 1.2 mile Stowe circuit inside the Grand Prix circuit. But the charge is from £75 – contact me if further information required.

Contact Ken Salmon ( kensalmon@hotmail.com or Tel 01462 671897 ) to be included on the club stand and book your tickets."

Re: Silverstone Classic - 23rd to 25 July

Hi all,I ave been to the last 2 events, and with be there for the 3 days again this year,
    there is camping a short distance away at Waterbury Park Golf & country Club,
    Tel 01327 850000, ( www.whittlebury.com ) You can walk to the Silverstone circuit from
    the campsite.
    Please have a look at last years past events to see this Superb Show,
    Bill.

Hi all,

I am looking at attending a Silverstone Classic this year, I have not been for a couple of years but it is a great event.

I'm surprised that this event is not being promoted as THE Mk1 event of the year, especially in light of this below.

Quote Originally Posted by unowho
    It is our cars 25th anniversary and Silverstone have kindly agreed to include us in a select club presentation display lap of the famous Grand prix circuit, so don’t miss out
    on this unique opportunity to support the club and take your car on the track.
    What a fantastic opportunity!

It worries me that we will only have a handful of cars on track.. a handful if we are lucky by the looks of things!

Is anyone else coming to this?

Thanks

Ollie

MR2 Fan

I would love to but I have a date with 'ring that weekend.

Have a great time all those who do go along

Hi All
    I am a new member and will be going to Silverstone Classic. I've been to this event quite a few times now and this is probably THE classic car event in the UK to go to. The racing is fantastic and there is just about every conceivable classic car there. In fact it was at that meeting about 4 years ago that I was looking around some MK1's. I guess it might have been the MK1 Club stand. And decided that sometime in the future I will have one.

So if anyone is humming and harring to go, you really should go.

Kind regards
    Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by darryl
    Hi All
    I am a new member and will be going to Silverstone Classic. I've been to this event quite a few times now and this is probably THE classic car event in the UK to go to. The racing is fantastic and there is just about every conceivable classic car there. In fact it was at that meeting about 4 years ago that I was looking around some MK1's. I guess it might have been the MK1 Club stand. And decided that sometime in the future I will have one.

So if anyone is humming and harring to go, you really should go.

Kind regards
    Darryl
    Good stuff Darryl, I agree, this really is a great event.

I'll hopefully see you there (and some other Mk1ers??!!)

Ollie

Does anyone know what day the parade laps are going to be?

Silverstone Classic - 23rd to 25 July

Quick reply. I'm definitely going (4th year in a row). Will be there sat and sun. Parade laps are on Sunday if I remember right as retro run is on saturday.
    Would be great to make more of it this year with being 25th anniversary.
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

Thanks Max! Will hopefully see you there!

Does anyone know if non Mr2mk1club members who own Mk1s will be welcome on the club stand and for the parade laps? If so I will try and push this event on the MR2OC and Two Brutal?

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Thanks Max! Will hopefully see you there!

Does anyone know if non Mr2mk1club members who own Mk1s will be welcome on the club stand and for the parade laps? If so I will try and push this event on the MR2OC and Two Brutal?
    I think the club etiquette is always to have an open ivitation to all non-club MK1's (not other marques though....)
    You'd have to buy your tickets through the club to get your stand and parade passes maybe?
    debs?