Thread: MR2 in Arklow

MR2 in Arklow

There's a red MR2, Mk1 of course, that has been lying idle outside a house in Arklow near where I live. It's got English plates on it, an F-reg, but looks in good cond. Been there for ages now and the tyres are gone flat. I'm tempted to knock on the door and ask about it but am slightly afraid I'll be told to get lost! Anybody here from that direction or aware of it before??

Re: MR2 in Arklow

go for it mate, the amount of times i just jumped in with both feet, at least you will get some info and maybe get the owner interested enough to drive her again, or at worst even encourage him to come along on a run for selling purposes..wear your trainers and park the car close enough to leg it in case he,s a nutter.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rockinhorse
    go for it mate, the amount of times i just jumped in with both feet, at least you will get some info and maybe get the owner interested enough to drive her again, or at worst even encourage him to come along on a run for selling purposes..wear your trainers and park the car close enough to leg it in case he,s a nutter.. :P
    Thanks for the words of wisdom! I'll have to pluck up the courage soon alright...every time I walk past I just think...what a waste.

or if you are coming to mosney??? you could get a few of the club cards i got done up. and then hand one of them into the person... would look better and give you an excuse to go in to them about the car...

Plucked up the courage to knock on the door today. No reply. No reply either from the B&B number...

Did manage to get a closer look at the MR2 though. It looks pretty clean, considering it has been sitting there for about 6 months. There is a steering lock on it though, suggesting somebody does care about it.