Thread: A bit slow on the uptake

MR2 Newbie

A bit slow on the uptake

I've just realised that I've never actually introduced myself to you good people on here Although I'm sure most of you will know me from Imoc.

Anyway. Here is my latest purchase. I found it at a decent price on Pistonheads because it had an electical problem that the owner could not track down. Once I got back smoke started to billow out of the alternator so I replaced this with a 2nd hand unit and the problem was gone

He's had a hit to the front bumper that I knew about and have just sourced a replacement bar for the front, for now he suffers from a lazy eye

And the first thing I did once I'd fixed the discharge was to remove the stock exhaust and as I was after a duplex and following some previous pics from Ben I opted for a lotus Elise backbox (£10.50 from ebay) and a quick trip to Kent Car Craft where they worked their magic:

I love it, it's no louder than the stock box but does make a nice enough growl on full throttle.

Next plans are to get the car serviced fully ready for a session at RAF Woodbridge on 22nd May and get the engine bay cleaned ready for some shiney bits to be fitted including these (Thanks Cassi):

And finally sourcing a full suspension uprade for the near future and looking to Detango the sidelights and side repeaters.

Stuart

Re: A bit slow on the uptake

Hiya and welcome, of course i already recognise your username

glad you sorted the elec prob so easily. was worried when i started to read the post, as some elec gremlins are a real pain, esp if the loom has short somewhere....

the front bumper looks like the car has had a mini-stroke with a facial droop LOL

the exhaust is a great mod for the mk1, esp the price you can get them for

nice cam covers

MR2 Fan

Re: A bit slow on the uptake

Hi there.

As you made a quick trip to" kent car craft", i guess your a SE member?
    If not why not

Please let us know you location.
    It good to involve more people to add to the se crew.

Lee

Local Area Organiser