Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR2's in Ireland

MR2's in Ireland

Hello everybody,

Was just wondering what the story is with buying/owning a Mk1 MR2 in Ireland. Are they good to own overall? Suitable as an everyday car?
    Also, is there actually any possibility of finding a decent MR2 for decent money in Ireland, as in not insanely overpriced as everything else in the country is? Or is sourcing one from the UK my only realistic chance of getting a good one for reasonable money?

Hope ye can help!

David

Re: MR2's in Ireland

Hiya and welcome

there is a rare and lovely looking supercharger for sale in ireland at the moment, and quite an active club group. see the for sale section

welcome corkmr2.
    lots of good one over here

hello david i know of a good clean one for sale up in the north, it once belonged to a friend of mine, i have the details etc of the guy selling it now. pm me and i will put you in touch...

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I've only been driving a few years so pretty much new to all this, is there anybody here who may be in a similar situ? Just wondering what it might be like to insure, ect.? How economical is it? I know questions like these prob sound a little stupid when I'm considering buying a 20-odd year old Toyota!

I'm currently driving a Fiat Punto to get me to/from college. Its grand, but will have to go before I get the MR2, so if anybody knows somebody who might want it??
    I've dabbled in the 'classic' scene before now and got my hands burnt a bit. I've a bit of a thing for the Volvo 480 and have owned three of them over the last two years. I just got fed up with the electical issues though. I've since looked into other cars such as the MR2 Mk2, Toyota Sera, FTO, Ford Probe (I don't know if anybody here would have exprerience with any of them?) but the Mk1 MR2 has defo been the most highly recommended. With good reason I take it?

Anyway enough blabbering from me!

This one has been advertised for ages...http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/MR2 ... annel=CARS

Anybody here know anything about it??

MR2 Fan

Welcome along lad,nice to see another Cork member on here.

I was looking for a good bit before I bought mine,and to be honest since I bought mine in from the UK last December a good few have popped up over for sale.

Prices are coming down a good bit on standard models,supercharger prices are still way too high if you ask me!
    Shop around,there isnt much of a market for them over here so thats a serious barginning point.

Hey,

Cheers for the reply. I'm still looking and attempting to sell my own car too. Speaking of prices, that one I posted above was 3500 euro! Crazy or what? Hopefully I can sort something soon...

keep in touch with rockinghorse. he always comes across good ones at reasonable money.

I got mine for 700euro few rust spots but they can be sorted out cheaply and with some DIY