So some idiot with bald tyres did some unplanned body mods to the back of my *cough* Astra and rendered a very dull but practical car a write off.

Though normally this would be a bad thing, it was sunny the day my insurance payment came through and I've wanted a Mk1 for years; so I decided now was the time to finally own yesterdays car of tomorrow.

'89, Mica blue, N/A, Leather int, T-Bar with 67K on the clock, minimal rust/bubbling, a hole in the exhaust that makes a cool sound but is doing nothing for my compression and a K&N airfilter that makes an even better sound as it sucks loads of hot air into the engine (need to look at that).

When I got the keys last week I felt the same way I did when I passed my driving test and I haven't stopped smiling since

I will be posting some shots of how it looks now, just going make a start on cleaning the engine bay first as the nice lady who owned it before me took great care of the outside and interior, but I can't imagine her with a rag and a can of WD40.

Peas