Thread: [SOLD] 1989 MK1 Supercharger for sale

[SOLD] 1989 MK1 Supercharger for sale

Hi, for sale is my mk1 SC. I will update the advert with more details soon. Price is £2400. No faults. Outstanding car. Extremely well looked after. Over £2000 spent in the last year on maintenance and upgrades. Very reluctant sale. Call or text me on 07764992666. Cheers. Rob

Last edited by BARNEY; 23rd October 2011 at 08:15 PM.

Ooh, I WISH I had the money right now! Good luck finding it a good home!

12 months Mot, 2 months Tax. This car has covered a maximum of 90k miles. The speedometers has stopped at 81k miles. I have plenty of receipts and service history to prove how well this car has been looked after.

Good bits:
    New cambelt
    New waterpump
    New oil pump
    New thermostat
    New brake pads front and rear
    Two new wheel hubs
    New driveshaft
    Full set of Fensport polybushes
    Full service including all new spark plugs, gearbox oil change, ball joints, oil filter and fuel filter.
    Three oil services in the last year.
    New powerflow stainless steel exhaust system.
    New suspension top mount.
    Abv mod done.
    Uprated pulley mod done.
    New supercharger belt and supercharger oil change.
    Full underseal/waxoyl.
    11 months Mot. 2 months Tax.

Bad bits.
    (Not many bad bits left)!
    Advisories on mot highlighted slight play on steering rack and two tyres were on the legal limit. That was all for the mot advisories which isn't bad for a car of this age. Although I wasn't really surprised considering the care it has had.
    Other things which could be done are a respray on the front wing and bonnet as these are slightly faded in some areas which are only noticeable up close. The speedometers has stopped working at under 82000 miles and I would say that the car has done less than 90k miles in total as it has been garaged or driven to a workshop in Kent for maintenance and occasionally to my workplace locally.
    When cruising at around 2500rpm, the electrical engine management light come on purely due to the lack of speed signal but this has absolutely no effect on the drive of the car. It just needs a new speedo drive which was my next job on the list of things to do. I currently use a GPS speedo which does the job. Other blemishes and imperfections are shown in the pictures and are very minor.
    Lastly, one recent problem is the electric windows. The drivers side clicks when rising but goes up and down fine, the passenger side window needs encouragement to return to closed. I think they may just need a couple of new plastic cogs.

This is a fantastic car at a very reasonable price. I know that once its sold, i won't be able to find one this good for this price again.
    I am looking for a 4x4 or estate car as my wife is pregnant again and i am running out of ways to justify keeping a two seater sports car!
    I am in Basingstoke. call or text on 07764992666 with any questions or to arrange a viewing. i work a varied shift pattern so am available most days (however i am on a course in Kent over the next few weeks and back at weekends).
    Cheers for your interest. Rob
    Last edited by BARNEY; 23rd October 2011 at 04:35 PM.

Now sold for £2000 to someone from here. A very sad day. Hope to have another sometime in the future.

MR2 Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BARNEY View Post
    Now sold for £2000 to someone from here. A very sad day. Hope to have another sometime in the future.
    Hey Barney

This car is now on piston heads for £4795, WTF

Also the add uses your pictures (or at least the best ones) and only lists the good bits none of the bad bits that you honestly listed and also the new ad states "no rust" now I know your car was very good but you did show a couple of areas that needed attenion and I think the buyer is trying to pull the wool over someones eys and double there money, bit naughty in my books

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3428578.htm

Chris

MR2 Enthusiast
    Just been on again and the seller has removed your pictures and your descrpition of good bits

Chris