Thread: Hello there

MR2 Newbie

Hello there

Well, here's my first post on this site, I hope to stay around and suck lots of information from you all

Haha, well I recently (last week) came into ownership of my first car which is a white '88 F reg mk1. I've been looking at these for almost a year now and finally managed to convince my parents to let me buy one A few things to do on it before the MOT but not too daunting so no worries there.

Just wanted to say hullo seeing as I'm a newbie, and I wondered if anybody new where to get hold of a Haynes for it? The ones on eBay are gonna set me back £18 and they're paperback!

And, before anybody gets the wrong idea, I may be 17 but I'm as far from a chavved up boy racer as you get, there'll be no 18" wheels on this car

Re: Hello there

Hi mate, welcome to the club! I sure wish i could have afforded the insurance on an MR2 when I was 17... had to wait til I was 21 and it was the first interesting car I had.

There's plenty of info on this site, but if there's anything you need to know just stick a post up and I'm sure your questions will be answered

Also, don't bother with the Haynes Book of Lies - try and get hold of the Toyota Service and Repair manual, otherwise known as the BGB (Big Green Book)

MR2 Newbie

Re: Hello there

Thanks a lot I did download that guide actually, need to get hold of a physical copy though because it's a pain in the ass printing individual sheets off each time