Thread: sunday 14th of March Monthly meeting

sunday 14th of March Monthly meeting

The meeting will be at the Wiggin Tree as normal at 12.30 pm
    as the sun is now starting to shin can we tempt some members and none
    member to attend.
    the closing date for putting your name and registration number is at the
    end of the month, after that you will not get a ticket for Tatton show.
    I need 15 names. so PM me.
    Bill.

Re: sunday 14th of March Monthly meeting

See you there Bill.

Hi Members, There was only 3 members turned out Stuart Cameron James Pass & myself,
    The main topic was about the poor turnout,
    The lack of support the Lakes Run on April 11th the Peak District.
    By the end of this month it is the Closing date for you Free Ticket for TATTON PARK SHOW on the 5/6 June.
    Time is now running out so get you details to me.
    Bill.

Stick with it Bill. Think yourself lucky; one of my 2 regulars has left the country!

I just think the club has been going through a bit of a change over the last 6 months and it may carry on into this year a bit. But!... I do think that LAO's and anyone that spots a Mk1 should make an effort to see if they want to get involved with the club. I bought a part off a guy from eBay the other week and when chatting he thought the club had long since disolved. It may be a slow process but it's well worth sticking with and the local meets are what keep the die hard few of us going.

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy
    I do think that LAO's and anyone that spots a Mk1 should make an effort to see if they want to get involved with the club. I bought a part off a guy from eBay the other week and when chatting he thought the club had long since disolved. It may be a slow process but it's well worth sticking with and the local meets are what keep the die hard few of us going.
    Well said that man! Anyone who sees a MK1 parked up should stick a note about the club under their windscreen. Any chance of someone making such a standard note/small flyer, with the club logo etc, and posting it on this site as a PDF or JPEG for people to print? Members can then print a few out, stick in their car, and hand them out/stick on windscreen when they see a potential new member?

I'm having a go at making one tonight - will post my results soon!

I totally agree with the above statements and suggestions but personally for me the last two meetings (Of which my car was ready to attend) fell on really awkward days....

Valentines Day and then Mothers Day which for those of us with Wives and kids and mothers presents difficulties....

I am itching to get my car to a meeting and meet some of you guys especially because I have owned my car nearly 4 years and never really had it out (due to restoration etc...)

I would be extremely interested in tickets to Tatton Park if there are still some available?

Regards