Thread: My mk1b

My mk1b

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here :P
    Here's my MR, an '89 NA, 128k miles (ish).

Bought it a year and a half ago now, had a low(er) mileage 'box, new clutch, recon steering rack, new front shocks and drop links, discs and pads, cam/alternator belts, a nicer condition steering wheel (mine was sunbleached yellow...) and had a rear arch repaired (other one looks to have been done very well previously).

Non-standard bits are a nice set of 14" TOM'S Igetas that I bought from a lad on Driftworks and had acid dipped and powdercoated satin gold, a used but good condition Scorpion s/s backbox, square front numberplate that I've mounted off-centre, VW-style stubby aerial, some aftermarket replacements for the 4 cabin speakers, and the "manual" choke mod.

But you don't care about that, have some photo's!
    When I got it:

As it is now:

A lot more info and pictures on my retro-rides blog here, I'm going to make a build thread here at some point to echo it, but in the meantime check it out if you like

Re: My mk1b

Welcome to the club!

I've edited your post so that the pictures show

That's a very nice looking car you have there. Nice to see someone doing something a bit different with the wheels as well - I think they work really well

Oops, forgot to format with img tags after copying all the links in, thanks
    Thanks, I really like how the wheels have turned out

Hello and welcome.

Love the colour, definitely the best.

The wheels are a bit lost on me, I don't really understand the preoccupation with different alloys but if we were all the same it would not be much fun.

Maybe see you at a meet or two?