Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Intro to My New Car (Mk1.5 Turbo) - Picture Heavy!

The wing was brush painted actually. POR-15 is self levelling and sets more like a resin than a paint. The bumper was an aerosol job, but with good quality primer.

Cheers for the comments Lewis.

Tom

Next up was the repair to the sill:

Waxoyl was applied inside the sill once the work above was done.

Next it was time for new rear discs and pads on all four corners. I also fitted the Hilux 1" master cylinder and gutted the bias valve when doing this work:

I'd refurbed the calipers with all new seals and then painted them black. My rear brake setup is VW Corrado G60 280mm x 22mm front discs with Mk2 MR2 22v rear calipers on extended carriers.

The day after doing this work I took the car in for MOT and it passed first time. It got perfect braking efficiency (bloody well should by now! ) and they mentioned that the braking force on the rear was more than most cars register on their front brakes, muahaha!

A couple of days later I popped over to Leeds for a supercar meet and got parked next to a friend's new GTR! He'd traded his Aston V8 Vantage in for a Nissan!... ok, so it's not any normal Nissan!

You'll notice that I'd had a bash at doing my nosecone, which due to changeable weather conditions didn't come out great. It's still like that now and I've decided that I'm just going to wait until I'm ready to have the whole car resprayed after I've stuck new fully POR-15'd wings on it. I'm not planning on selling the car anytime soon so as long as I'm taking care of it underneath I don't mind too much about the odd imperfect bit of bodywork, plus as it's my only car I can't really afford to have it off the road for too long.

Cheers,
    Tom

Daft little job; relocating the ECU diagnostic port and other attached sensors so that they don't get rained on:

It used to be visible under here:

Next up was some unforseen work! I bought some new tyres and went for a slightly taller profile as my speedo had been over-reading by a bit too much and I wanted to bring it in line with the Mk2's rolling radius. I went from 225/40/R16 to 225/45/R16 tyres so didn't think there would be an issue. Basically the new tyres were scraping like a bitch on the wheel arch! Not sure if softer sidewalls added to the equation. I limped the car back to work at 5-10mph, as I'd popped out on a lunch break, and went on the hunt for a tool to fix it. I did look at people offering arch rolling services but they wanted £60-80 per corner and I could buy a tool for rougly the price of getting one arch done! I had the tool delivered the next day back home to Beverley and so I just made some slight modifications to the arches and turned up the Koni's to full hard to allow me to get from Sheffield to Beverley.

Shiny new toy!

Not bad for a first attempt! - Notice the Movember tache, lol!

More roll and tache!

The lips were filled with underseal before being folded over and were then painted over also.

If anyone wants to borrow the roller, let me know!

Cheers,
    Tom

Some photo's after a quick wash:

Exhausts not straight, grr... got a new full stainless system going on next week!

Picking up a new door frame set:

Snow:

That brings us nearly up to date, just a couple more jobs to go!