Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Late Intro to My New Car (Mk1.5 Turbo) - Picture Heavy!

Bit of an update on my car!

It failed it's MOT last August on various bits of rust, brakes, droplinks etc. It took a few months for the welder to get onto my car, but I got it back home around November time. However, we were then in the midst of buying our new house, so the car stayed on a friends driveway.

We moved into our new house 2 months ago, and, roll on last night and I got the car moved over. I'd sort of forgotten what cool looking cars these are as I followed it on the transporter, and have safely tucked it away in a corner ready for me to undertake all of the other work required to hopefully then get it back through MOT!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-04-24 at 19.34.35.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	6810

I'm hoping to get a garage built in this corner, but still have a few other house jobs to tackle first, but watch this space! The house itself is Grade 2 Listed, so the garage will have to be in keeping, but I'm hopeful we'll get something granted. It'll either be stone built or oak, dependant on quotes and planning.

Quick selfie of me and Lois in front of our new house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 17.32.18.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	6811

It's been a long road to get here, and there's still the remnants of my mum's estate to wrap up, but we're super lucky, huge mortgage not-withstanding, to be custodians of the new (400 years old!) house. I've already become a bit green-fingered with fruit and vegetable planting, as there's a 30ft long poly tunnel, which we thought we'd need to rent out to other people, but we're probably going to fill it this first season.

Hope everyone else out there is doing well.

Oh nice house.
    I've been doing jobs around our house... For over 20 years... I've nearly been round it once. Just time to start again.

James
    There's no rust on my car. But there are some sizable holes where the rust fell out.