Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herne Bay Classic Car and bike show.

Re: Herne Bay Classic Car and bike show.

This is a really good show organised by Canterbury City Council. Three of us exhibited our cars. Lee and myself with our white and red t bars and new member Barry Banks. Barry has acquired a very nice Helios blue coupe which is believed to be the last ever production mk1 sold as new. We’re really pleased to hear that Barry is restoring the car back to its original condition and will be bringing it to many of our shows.

We were positioned in a prime spot opposite Hanover Square where they had erected a stage to perform a 60’s and 70’s musical bonanza featuring radio presenter Russ Lowe plus live music from the band “The Cahoones”. “Ok, I’ve never heard of them either but they were good! There were lots of people around and we had chats with quite a few people who were interested in the cars. During the day we had a wander around the rest of the show and found some beautiful cars on display. Somehow, the organisers had managed to arrange for those with the same cars to be sited together. There were lots of MG’s, Stags Yanks and all sorts, far too many to mention. We also came across Morris Dancing and another live Jazz Band. Together with a walk along the beach front we must have spent a couple of hours wandering around.

So for our second time at this show we’ve really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to the next one in August.

Many thanks to Lee for organising this show for us and to Barry for his support.

Here are some photos of the day

Morris dancing in the street

And a Jazz band

The Cahoones

Hanover Square

Lee and Barry

Next show is the Enfield Pageant of Motoring on May 30th and 31st, See you there

I noticed the reg of the helios is G369 TYO, my first MR2 (white T-Bar) that was only 18months old when we got it was G362 TYO. I know it is running (courtesy of DVLA) but wonder where it is.....

See the helios one above, with the similar reg, brought back memories. Looks like an excellent time. Hope to see some people at Enfield!

MR2 Fan

Next herne bay show is looming. (21st August)

We have a few cars to display.
    Come along and see the show its free and beside the sea!!!

slugster

i will be there. i am going to take my mr2 i know it is to late to show the car but she needs a good run out. will hopefully find a car park near where you are sited. look forward to meeting some fellow owners. doug.

At short notice we have aquired an extra two tickets which are spare. If anyone would like to join us please contact us on here or by phone. Our numbers are in the back of the club magazine.
    Alan Cayzer

One spare ticket remaining

MR2 Fan

Hi

Thank you to alan and family and our latest recruit, Doug and son for attending the show.
    the show was as good as ever but the organisers kept moving us around and our final position was although relaxed and convinient did not attract many people.
    Doug and his car were of great interest to chat about especially as the car had history including bundles of paperwork including the bill of sale. (How much new!!!!) and had come fitted with a mini disc player (mega money)
    I (we) will be looking into new events for next year soon.

I hope that more people can take interest in events apart from the the usual Bromley and Enfield which i now find rather dull and the same every year. Kent membership is the highest as you know but where is everybody?

I do find events on Saturdays becoming more difficult to attend due to family commitments but will endevor to support the other organisers as best as possible.

All the best

Lee

Here are some photos

[IMG]http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/alan-SE/Herne%20Bay%20-%20august/Ziggy2plusHerneBay019.jpg[/IMG

MR2 Fan

Thanks for the photos Alan.
    See you at the weekend
    Lee