Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOLD:MR2 MK1 SUPER EDITION 1.5

SOLD:MR2 MK1 SUPER EDITION 1.5

This is a rare opportunity to purchase a very special car. This is Steve Kingsnorths Super Edition MR2 Mk1 T Bar with a 2 litre turbo conversion and LSD for sale. Possibly only 1 of 4 known in this country but this is the only one that has the 2 litre turbo engine producing 230+ bhp. 1988 F registered. Steve has been the sole owner since being imported to the UK in 2002. Midnight Blue with mirrored T bar roof panels, electric retracting wing mirrors, Momo steering wheel. It has the brake light in rear spoiler and the original Super Edition, written on the roof spoiler. 15” five spoke alloy wheels with Goodyear F1 tyres at the front and wider Toyo Proxes on the rear. The original supercharged engine has been replaced with a Mk2 2.0 Litre turbo engine complete with custom made Powerflow stainless steel 3” twin pipe exhaust and Grainger valve, this adjusts the boost on turbo, all fitted by Paul Woods. The car has covered 98km but the turbo engine has only done 54km. Tax and MOT until July 2010.

The interior is clean and tidy. There are no dents in the bodywork and no rust but the car is not perfect, the paintwork on the rear bumper has faded. Also the T Bar seals leak. The only other point to mention is the speedometer isn't working. This car is awesome and very, very fast. The car is located in Chadwell Heath near Romford Essex on A12. approx 5 miles from M25 J28. £3000 ono

This has been posted on behalf of Steve Kingsnorth. If you have any questions please post them below and Steve will reply.

or call Steve Direct on 07956 537135 anytime.

Re: MR2 MK1 SUPER EDITION 1.5 For sale

Good luck with the sale Steve.

A good price to get yourself into a special car with stunning performance.

Has the suspension been uprated and polybushed? How about bigger brakes?

Cheers,
    Tom

MR2 Fan

Have you tried putting this on TwoBrutal.com, couldnt find it on there...

They'll bite your hand off...!

MR2 Enthusiast

would he be interested in a swap for a subaru impreza, its valued slightly more but hey, i would snap his up if i had the cash

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy
    Good luck with the sale Steve.

A good price to get yourself into a special car with stunning performance.

Has the suspension been uprated and polybushed? How about bigger brakes?

Cheers,
    Tom
    Hi Tom, it has uprated suspension all adjustable and i am not 100% certain but think the SC SE came with slightly bigger breaks and they seem to cope well with the extra power. Done very few miles since it was imported,max of 10k, as it has always been garaged and only really came out for shows.Meant to say it's also a 1989 model, not 88.

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue
    would he be interested in a swap for a subaru impreza, its valued slightly more but hey, i would snap his up if i had the cash
    Sorry can't swap as i can't afford 2 cars at the moment, all my money has gone into buying my Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheW
    Have you tried putting this on TwoBrutal.com, couldnt find it on there...

They'll bite your hand off...!
    I would like to get it on TwoBrutal but haven't the comp knowledge, thats why Alan is advertising it for me.
    I was on Two Brutal when i first had the work done but not sure how to get back on there now
    I did tell Paul Woods, who did the work for me that it was up for sale but nothing came of it!

Also to mention it has tbar bags used once plus covers never been used and still in the box, i bought them all from another club member brand new, after the car was imported. The plates will probably be taken off as i have been offered good money for them and was thinking of putting them on my Honda but if you like the FOWL come OWL i will leave them with it.

I want this car sooo much.

But I don't want to get rid of mine (got attached to it) and, if I am honest, only have about £12.30.

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28
    I want this car sooo much.

But I don't want to get rid of mine (got attached to it) and, if I am honest, only have about £12.30.
    me too , i wonder how much it would cost to get a similar conversion done , i am really impressed with that engine bay