Hey guys hows things in the MK1 world???

Firstly, you have to excuse me registering on your site. I know from experience (that day at Banbridge leisure centre) that you are all very proud of your MR2's ... and rightly so. Loved the right up in the MR2only mag and you even gave myself and Bunty a mention

Now, onto the reason why I joined this site. I was recently made a Regional Rep for Ireland (for mr2oc.co.uk). Along with the other rep (Kyle aka GWrinkle) we have planned out a years worth of activities (ish). For the majority of events this year we have joined forces with the guys on http://www.mr2.ie with the ultimate plan being a meet organised for the first Sunday in each month roughly alternating between Northern and Southern Ireland.

While I obviously believe the MK2 is the best looking car in the range it is till nice to see the beginnings of the best Japanese sports car ever made. With this in mind I would like to invite any of the MR2MK1Club along to any of our drives or events. The list below shows what we have planned so far. I will try to keep this thread up to date as things change or are updated. If the links don't work then you might need to register on the MR2OC site.

DRIVES

Sun 7th February - Kilkenny drive with MR2.ie

Sun 7th March - Fermanagh Lakes afternoon tea

Sun 4th April - MR2.ie event t.b.c.

Thurs 15th – Mon 19th April Highlands Drive

Sun 2nd May - t.b.c.

Sun 6th June - 2nd Annual Antrim Coast Road and BBQ

Sun 4th July - Welsh Drive?? or MR2.ie event

Sun 1st August - Mournes, ards and lunch

Sun 5th September - MR2.ie event t.b.c.

Fri 10th – Mon 13th September Ireland Drive

Sun 3rd October - Lough Neagh (click for proposed route)

Sun 7th November - t.b.c.

Sun 5th December - Christmas lunch

OTHER EVENTS

February - on Friday 5th - The post christmas blues boozy night out

More nights at the pub

Ice Karting - date t.b.c.

Ten pin bowling - date t.b.c.

Also, thought about trying to organise a Track Day and/or Dyno day

All that I would need to know is roughly how many cars are expected to each event within about 3 weeks of the date - rough numbers only. This is due to the parades commission notification that we need to put in and the quantity is better too high than too low.

Just to be clear, I am not trying to get people over to the MR2OC website nor am I trying to tread on any other events organisers toes. I am simply extending the hand of MR2 friendship.

I hope to see some of you at the first couple of drives ... or the pub in a couple of weeks time