Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EASTER SUNDAY MEET AT BEAULIEU HOUSE&CAR MUSEUM IN DROGHEDA

Re: easter sunday meet (april 4th in ireland)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue
    hi richard, the easter sunday event is just a one day meet , where we will gather for the usual banter and have a drive and when i have got a final idea of who is going i will try to arrange some stop off points of interest and photo opps for all those interested and the main event is the classic show at mosney in june , both of which yourself and anyone else from across the pond are welcome . there are 2 main crossings , one from stranraer in bonnie scotland and from liverpool to either belfast or dublin . the cheapest and shortest crossing is stranraer(there may also be one from cairnryan but they are fairly close together), but you would have to balance that against how far you would have to drive to get to scotland

Thanks for that I will make some enquiries about both shows & get back to you. Much appreciated.

MR2 Fan

Depending on where we're having this Easter Sunday meet,and where your living in the UK,Holyhead to Dun Laoghire would be your best option.

I think the fast ferry with StenalIne ia round 3 hours,and Dublin is central,get on the motorway and you can be up North or down South in no time.

MR2 Enthusiast

so far for this i have myself, mark, colin, ronnie, liam,david, michael and possibly tim. if there are any changes to this shout now and any one wanting to join us same thing , that way i can get the thinking cap on for a venue. or indeed if anyone has any suggestions they will be looked at

MR2 Enthusiast

hi everyone , i have arranged a deal with beaulieu house in drogheda for a full tour of the house , gardens and the car museum , including soup, sandwiches and tea and coffee, which should all take 2 /2 and a half hours at 24 euro per person. ideally we need 12 people to get that rate and if any of you want to have a preview here is a link
    http://www.beaulieuhouse.ie/thanks.htm
    this is normally closed for easter sunday so we will be able to park at the front of the house giving a great opportunity for those all important pics!
    i would urge everyone interested to confirm their attendance as soon as possible . i would need to know the number of cars and the number of people so that i can confirm this with beaulieu house. i will also be emailing everyone so please reply

Re: EASTER SUNDAY MEET AT BEAULIEU HOUSE&CAR MUSEUM IN DROGHEDA

good man pat..... show me up why dont ya!!!!(aramgh obseratory)
    like the look of the car museum definately count me in

MR2 Enthusiast

i thoroughly enjoyed the observatory, there should be a little of everything here to cover most tastes and as we go along we can get a better idea of what appeals to everyone and arrange future meets to suit.i just hope we can get the numbers for this one . its in everyones interest to keep the ball rolling so onwards and upwards !

Great job! count myself and Roberta in should be back on the road ,Sorry will be back on the road
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MR2MK1
    Great job! count myself and Roberta in should be back on the road ,Sorry will be back on the road
    you're supposed to spray the lubricant on the car before claying colin , not drink the stuff

ok should have it done for next week then
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

MR2 Enthusiast

the state of play so far on this is i have for definite 5 cars and 8 people, i also have a possible who does not have internet access so i phoned him and sent him the details in the post. he has 2 mk1's and was unaware that there were any members over here, so hopefully there a few more like him who we can reintroduce to the club.