Thread: Castle Combe

MR2 Enthusiast

Castle Combe

Hi,

Just a heads up really, does anyone know if we are as a Club attending the following events there this year?

24th April is Performance Car Action Day and
    12th June is Classics & Sportscar Action Day

As in the past Peter has organised.

Debs

MR2 Enthusiast

Re: Castle Combe

Have received notification from Peter as follows: Dates also added to Club Calendar

"I now have information from Combe on the 2010 season of Action Days.

These are:

Spring Performance Car day (need springs in your car, perhaps?) April 24
    Classic & Performance Cars day June 12
    Ajec Racing (W. Country tuning company sponsoring the day) Performance cars day Sept 11
    (MiniWorld day Sept 25 – we are not eligible for this, of course)

I have returned the booking form for the 3 days we’re eligible for, and we will obtain 12 f.oc. entry passes per event, with space to display around 6 of our cars at each.

We can obtain a pack of 6 track-session passes, to be used on the 09.00 – 10.45 and 16.00 – 16.45 start-time sessions only at £125, so £21 per – these are supposedly only available more than 60 days in advance, but I can usually twist arms to get them more like 30 days in advance.

Additionally, we are able to book track-sessions between 11.00 and 15.45 start-times at £25 per, again supposedly more than 60 days ahead, but in reality, 30 days usually does. Prior to 10 days ahead, the cost rises to £30 per session, and on-the day and less than 10 days advance booking is £35 per session

If you are ready, willing and able to commit now, let me know by return eMail, otherwise I will be back in touch nearer the time, as this is really only advance-notice for your diaries as soon as I obtained the info.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE UPLOAD THE DATES ONTO THE WEBSITE, AND CONFRIM TO ME THEY’VE DONE THIS?!!??

Advance warning – looks like I’ll be in South Africa for the Spring Action day, and the Spring UTB meeting, so I’m looking for someone else to handle this for the club, I’m afraid. I will handle communications up to about a month before, but will need someone else to co-ordinate individual members’ booking and return the results to Combe, along with the money, then send people their various passes by Post. It’s not rocket science, and I should be able to cover the other two Action Days later in the year.

Rgds

Peter

Peter Scatchard

Upper Thames Branch Secretary / Castle Combe Track-day Co-Ordinator
    MR2 Mark 1 Club
    Yew Tree House, Dog Lane, Childrey, Wantage, Oxfordshire OX12 9UW
    Tel/Fax: +44(0)1235 751 751, Mobile: +44 (0)7775 631 044
    pscatchard@yew-tree-house.co.uk"

Debs

********by March 28th latest********** Due to Peter jetting off to South Africa