Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RAF Waddington Air Show 2010 3+4 July

MR2 Fan

RAF Waddington Air Show 2010 3+4 July

Hi folks, i started this post in the new events thread but feel that i shouold post it here in order to get an idea of numbers,

The RAF Waddington airshow attracts around 100000 people over the 2 days and is undoubtedly one of the best airshows on the UK calender, This year it takes place on 3+4 Jul 10.
    There are limited spaces for car clubs as long as an application is got in early!! I have approached the organiser of the show and things look good for the club getting a spot.....as long as i can get an idea of confirmed numbers in the near future.
    I am away in Afghanistan as of tomorrow until the end of Feb, ideally by this time i will need a list of names.
    Please only put your name down if you are 90% certain of making the event, there is a high possibility that if the club attends in numbers this could become a regular event , it will not look good if the usual happens and people cancel the week before
    You would get free entry and be able to enjoy all the other attractions that the airshow has to offer. Accomodation is readily available in Lincoln. I would be able to put up some people on a first come first serve basis. Ther is also room for a tent or two in the garden. There is no camping on the airfield though! Just add your name to the list below if you are definately interested.

Hope that this is of interest to you folks...see you all when i get back

Ki

1:
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

Re: RAF Waddington Air Show 2010 3+4 July

Quote Originally Posted by mistertwokw
    Hi folks, i started this post in the new events thread but feel that i shouold post it here in order to get an idea of numbers,

The RAF Waddington airshow attracts around 100000 people over the 2 days and is undoubtedly one of the best airshows on the UK calender, This year it takes place on 3+4 Jul 10.
    There are limited spaces for car clubs as long as an application is got in early!! I have approached the organiser of the show and things look good for the club getting a spot.....as long as i can get an idea of confirmed numbers in the near future.
    I am away in Afghanistan as of tomorrow until the end of Feb, ideally by this time i will need a list of names.
    Please only put your name down if you are 90% certain of making the event, there is a high possibility that if the club attends in numbers this could become a regular event , it will not look good if the usual happens and people cancel the week before
    You would get free entry and be able to enjoy all the other attractions that the airshow has to offer. Accomodation is readily available in Lincoln. I would be able to put up some people on a first come first serve basis. Ther is also room for a tent or two in the garden. There is no camping on the airfield though! Just add your name to the list below if you are definately interested.

Hope that this is of interest to you folks...see you all when i get back

Ki

1:Richard Brett
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

hi i will be able to attend , will be a great weekend .

gary

MR2 Fan

Name added

2:mk1 dal
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

Name added too.

3:tommundy
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

Camping, a room or a 6ft2"*1ft space on the floor will do me Ki!

Hi All. Let`s get on board with this one. Sounds like a really good venue, lots of visitors. Let`s push the boat out & have a really good attendance. We have time to plan our diaries with this amount of notice.

Count me in. Its 25 years since I was there working with 50 Sqn Vulcan Tankers!!!

4:The Silver Fox
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

Thanks to all who have put their names down so far. We need more than these fine fellows & fellowesses!!! to make a really good show.

Please look at your 2010 dates & commit to this please. I am sure it will be a great day out.

MR2 Mk1 Club Committee Members

Count me in. I shall check on any reasonably local camp sites. I'm sure the show organisers will let us leave the show each evening and return before the show opens to the public the next morning,
    4:The Silver Fox
    5:Stuart Kynoch
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12: