Thread: New, with a few questions...

MR2 Lurker

New, with a few questions...

Hello everyone!

I am Jay from South London and last week I entered the wonderful world of MR2 ownership

It's a very sorry looking (Mica?) Blue 1988 MK1b Sunroof model
    I bought what I thought was a bargain on ebay knowing that it would need some tlc and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew

This is after getting rid of the rotten metal around what was quite a small hole to start with. Someone went to the trouble of attempting to repair the corrosion around the arb mount but the tin worm is back!

Now having owned several Peugeots I am well versed in spanner twirling but I have never had a go at bodywork. I have had a look around this forum as well as MR2OC and repair panels seem to be the best option. I suppose my question is would I be wasting my time? Would the section need to be done again or is there a better option?

I know this is a lot of questions for a first post but I would prefer to know now rather than in a few months time when my patience has run out

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jay

Re: New, with a few questions...

Hiya and welcome along

maybe pop your bodywork questions in a new thread in the bodywork sections.

Fab colour!

Hopefully see you soon although might be the Spring now, not many people go out in the winter. I have a T-Bar so I have twice the amount of defrosting to do (inside as well as outside).

Lots of helpful people about this lovely car on here.

MR2 Enthusiast

welcome, you will get answers to all your questions here. some good ones and some not so good but you should be able to have a go. stick a post in the bodywork section with some pics if possible. check out the affiliates and the merchandise as well.
    Now in sunny Wiltshire.