Thread: Eh up!

MR2 Lurker

Eh up!

Well basically new to the forums here as i've been after an AW11 for a while now and I may have an opportunity to get one! Wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask but I have a few pictures of the MR2 and thought well who else would know better about them than the enthusiasts themselves. So, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated before I actually properly consider purchasing.

Cheers!

Here are the pictures.

Re: Eh up!

Hmm...

The interior looks ok, but those door speakers aren't standard (which means someone has cut holes in the door-cards to fit them) and I'm pretty certain it's had a respray. Not a very good one either, judging by the photos - it looks like they've simply sprayed over the door rubbing strips and all of the pin-stripes are missing.

I'd be a bit wary to be honest, go over the bodywork with a magnet because it may well be full of filler (arches are a key area to check). Make sure you check the underneath (floorpan, sills, suspension mounting points) as they tend to rust from the inside out.

Any idea of mileage/history/asking price?

Also, the red mirrors should be black as standard and the black lip/red sideskirts don't match.

A link to the ad would help

(welcome to the club btw!)

Also - where are you based? Have a look in the classifieds here for cars for sale - one of which is mine.

MR2 Fan

I was gonna say - speaker builds? More pics of them please!

Welcome

MR2 Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by benedwards64

Any idea of mileage/history/asking price?
    Mileage is 73,000 [apparently] comes with a full years MOT and no mention of a service history. Asking price is £1695 ovno.

See I drive a starlet at the minute which i've been subtly modifying. Still a novice driver I guess but am in love with japanese cars.

From Northern Ireland mate!