Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 2zz-ge conversion interest.

Club Technical Advisor

Re: Mk1 2zz-ge conversion interest.

Absolutely, the cheaper the donor the better

I have a cheap donor for sale if anyone is interested in doing this conversion
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/view...hp?f=58&t=6765

Here is a video I took of the clocks as its accelerating (on private land)

This was an early video with fuel pressure set to 52psi so probably running very rich as it should be 44-50psi. I will use my Innovate A/F meter soon to set the fuel pressure so I reckon this'll release a few more BHP.

This is not a track car (I have a MK2 CRX track car) however I may take it to the Nurburgring soon to give it a bit of a test. If I do I'll be sure to get some video footage.

I wanted to check power and A/F ratios so I got it rolling roaded the other day. Pleased to say that it A/F's were spot on despite guesstimate on FPR the 2ZZ ECU seems to have sorted it out. Peak power it made 156hp at the wheels which is about the book 190 at the fly. Above 6K there is a whistle believed to be the stock mk2 backbox being a bit restrictive, so possibly more to come in the future.

Club Technical Advisor

Great stuff Mark, oh i sent you a PM on the OC, did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsport
    Great stuff Mark, oh i sent you a PM on the OC, did you get it?
    Hi Paul, I missed that PM, however just sent you a reply.

Hi Paul, still saving up money here
    Just a quick question, do you recon it would be possible to fit a Rotrex charger to the 2ZZ engine without modifying the engine bay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs8DliECVM

The Rotrex charger seems to make the Mk3 bloody damn fast. (0-100kmt in ~4,5-5 seconds)
    (105mm pulley and peaking 0.67bar at 8200rpm = 325 Crank HP)

Club Technical Advisor

I'm afraid i couldn't really say, i think it "might" fit but it's one of those i'd need to suck it and see jobs.

Club Technical Advisor
    Just a quick note to say i have a Supercharged 2zz engine package coming here in about 4-5 weeks time, these are extremely rare, and it won't hang around for more than a few days before someone snaps it up. The engine package is being offered as a full conversion by me only and not as just an engine for sale.

If you're interested in owning a MK1 2zz supercharger with 6 speed gearbox drop me a PM, thanks Paul.

Club Technical Advisor
    Quick thread revival, many years on and we have completed 5 more 2zz-ge Mk1 conversions, they have been somewhat refined over the years with a definitive mod list and upgrades along the way.

This is the current 2zz-ge Mk1 we have built, it still needs a few cosmetic final touches.

Club Technical Advisor
    Thread update, we now have all of the major components on the shelf to make this engine install a full plug and play swap without the need to weld chassis hangers.

The bolt in mount assembly is here.... http://www.woodsport.org/joomla/inde...2-engine-mount

The gear cable bracket is here... http://www.woodsport.org/joomla/inde...-cable-bracket

And i also supply a full plug and play wiring harness for £400 with me supplying all donor harness parts, no need to send me anything from your car. This is a turnkey harness, plug it in and go.

The above parts means you buy a 2zz-ge Celica donor car, or a Celica engine and gearbox, and it becomes a straight fitment, the only thing you need to fabricate or have made is the exhaust system.