Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoneleigh Restoration Show

MR2 Enthusiast

Stoneleigh Restoration Show

Sunday 25th October at Stoneleigh Park, as in previous years.

Anyone interested, this is a great show, were you can or in my case not , get you hands really dirty and play with cars all day long

Tends to be a National Event and people from all over the Country come along and help or volunteer their cars to be worked on

I have sent a PM to Chris (Limeymk1 (via IMOC)), asking a few questions as he organised this show last year and I have been on the Stoneleigh Web-site and requested information on the Show also, awaiting replies.

Last year work was done on Vashy's car and Jinxy's was on show a finished article, so again I reckon we are looking for 2 cars and as many poeple who want to come along, anyone fancy it?

Really sorry I am unable to attend, so will also be looking for a volunteer to run the show and organise everything, already booked up to go to MR2 Racing at Brands Hatch and as Jinxy is the Scrutineer, needs must and all that.

MR2 Fan

Re: Stoneleigh Restoration Show

Why only 2 cars? Surely the more the better....?

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Rob
    Why only 2 cars? Surely the more the better....?

As far as I know only 2ish used in the past due to space? Until size of area is known don't really want to say how many required/needed

The year before last we had my car as the work-in-progress car and Karl_T's car as the show car. The year before that it was Phil's Mica Blue T-bar as one of the work cars, and SteveB's (MR2 Only Mag) red track car as another work car...
    2 cars definitely works best - we don't really have the space for any more normally. Well, we could probably fit a third, but it'd get too cramped. Plus, we found on the year that we had the two we were working on (my first year attending) that it's very difficult to work on two cars at the same time - plus it scares people away who want to ask questions. That's the beauty of having a 'show-off' car - people can talk to the owner, sit inside, poke around etc... at the same time as seeing how they can be fixed in one way or another.

It's a great show. I couldn't make it last year though I really wanted to. I'm pushed for time this year, but may make an exception for this and try harder to go this year...
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.

really does need to be one show car for people to look at and sit in etc, and one project car which is barriered off for health and safety and worked on

WOW!! get your car worked on for free, sounds amazing don't suppose I can bring Jo's MG ZS180 V6, got loads of problems with that

Mmmmm what can I break on my car.....

MR2 Fan

I might have to go and have a look as it's not too far from where I live. Could do with getting my cally up there as it needs alot doing to it

MR2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 Forever
    WOW!! get your car worked on for free, sounds amazing don't suppose I can bring Jo's MG ZS180 V6, got loads of problems with that

Mmmmm what can I break on my car.....

You, you!!! Break something on your car.... never

what we normally do is get people to pop up in this thread what car they want to bring, and what work they propose to do on it, then if we get more than required we vote on what car to do for the project and what to have as the show car.
    the project car person needs to bring all needed to do teh project, including parts and tools etc.
    the show car needs to be well - showworthy and clean.

both cars need to have a few photos and writeups done on them in preparation for perparing info to go on the display boards for the public to read.
    the project car needs to have a display of whats going on etc

also we need posters about the club and events etc
    also info boards which tell people about the car spec etc.

we have carpet tiles for the show car to stand on and look posh, and the work car is sat on concrete.
    the display boards fit in a large transit van

hope this helps with info.

you need the events organiser to book the stand for the club, and get all the info together and printed etc, and liase with the people who can look after the show on the day, and help with organising transport etc. the main organiser doiaent have to go, but be the one to rally everyone together with jobs and roles on the day, plus send out the tickets and passes etc.

this is generally how it was done when we started this show.

ALso we need club flyers/leaflets printed to hand out to the public, as its very much a chattign to the public about the cars/club, promotion etc

its also a great show to look at other stands and huge auto jumble

MR2 Enthusiast

Thanks for the thread Jo, not really feeling great at the moment. Stoneleigh have replied, and attached a form, will have a look at that over the weekend and get it sent back.