Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Milton Keynes *pics on pg 2

MR2 Fan

Newbie from Milton Keynes *pics on pg 2

Hi i'm Dan from Milton Keynes, thought I would join up as I just brought a Mk1 and hopefully picking it up on saturday. At the moment I currenty drive a Vauxhall Calibra SE which I taking off the road to restore and decided to find myself a Mk1 MR2 as an ex had a sherwood tone one and I really liked it and fancied something cheap and fun. Hopefully will try and get it out to some meets soon, usually out and about MK alot as I go to alot of cruises and shows when I can so if you spot me come and say hello.

This is my ugly mug

My Cally:

And most importantly my MR2

MR2 Fan

Re: Newbie from Milton Keynes

Hello! Coincidentally, I had a Cally (Ecotec, though, nothing fancy) before my MR2 Mk1 Which SE version is yours?

Welcome to the club Don't mind benedwards... he's always like that

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Rob
    Oh god... what have I done now?

MR2 Newbie

I looked at the add on PH for that, It was very close between the one i have now, and going to look at that one.
    Looks to be a fair amount of history with that one, and a good buy? Did they shift on the price at all?

(and welcome to the forum!)

MR2 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Rob
    Hello! Coincidentally, I had a Cally (Ecotec, though, nothing fancy) before my MR2 Mk1 Which SE version is yours?

cool it's the SE1 with the 8v engine

Quote Originally Posted by samsite999
    I looked at the add on PH for that, It was very close between the one i have now, and going to look at that one.
    Looks to be a fair amount of history with that one, and a good buy? Did they shift on the price at all?

(and welcome to the forum!)
    na didn't shift on the price but still worth it coz it's in really good nick and the interior is spotless, and outside isn't too far from perfect so really happy

Welcome to the club. Note that we often join the MR2 Owners Club on a Milton Keynes meet (they are MK2 biased but we still like them). I think it is the 3rd Saturday of the month at a pub called the something or other. Possibly the Broughton. It is a Hungry Horse pub?

We are at Wicksteed Park this weekend, if you are around, come and say hello, otherwise see you at a MK meet.

Welcome and nice looking car, looks very clean and good condition

That's true! Have a look at the JAE thread in Upcoming Events. You can get tickets on the gate for £25 - for the whole weekend including camping! There'll be plenty of people there (most of which I have never met) so a new member will always be welcome

Car looks nice as well - white ones are definitely the most eye-catching (well, apart from Jo's orange beast )

MR2 Enthusiast

welcome , i am a relative new comer to this site also . most of them are reasonably intelligent , seriously though they are very friendly and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by benedwards64
    Car looks nice as well - white ones are definitely the most eye-catching (well, apart from Jo's orange beast )
    where's a sticky out tongue smilie when you need one

Hiya and welcome along
    there seems to be a fair few meets you'll be able to pop along too with your new mk1.
    do they still have that jap biased cruise at MK? i used to go a few years back....
    It started to get moved on by police alot though.

def pop down to JAE show as its just pretty much on your doorstep.
    I'd reccommend camping, as the best bits of the show are in the evenings/night.

MR2 Fan

I wanted to go to JAE but unfortunalty too poor and busy this weekend but i'll def get out to the mk meet this month.

Dunno about jap cruise in mk anymore, I think sometimes there is at ikea but dunno when, i'm usually either up hockey stadium on sundays or at ikea on wednesdays for the cruise-evolution meet.